• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

What 5 Civilizations Should Always Be In Civ?

Pick Five Civilizations that you think should always be in Civ

• Rome

Votes: 822 83.4%
  • Greece

Votes: 519 52.6%
  • Persia

Votes: 161 16.3%
  • Egypt

Votes: 594 60.2%
  • Babylon

Votes: 190 19.3%
  • Ottoman Empire

Votes: 57 5.8%
  • Mali

Votes: 22 2.2%
  • Russia

Votes: 179 18.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 199 20.2%
  • France

Votes: 174 17.6%
  • Spain

Votes: 57 5.8%
  • England

Votes: 482 48.9%
  • America

Votes: 204 20.7%
  • Aztecs

Votes: 98 9.9%
  • Incas

Votes: 53 5.4%
  • Indians

Votes: 226 22.9%
  • Chinese

Votes: 680 69.0%
  • Japanese

Votes: 85 8.6%
  • Mongols

Votes: 96 9.7%
  • Other (Please post if you have other)

Votes: 47 4.8%

• Total voters
I selected my five choices based, conceivably, upon their "influence" in history - i.e. culturally.

1. Rome
2. Greece
3. China
4. England
5. France (though having second thoughts, perhaps Egypt)

Rome, Egypt, Greece, China and England are the absolute musts IMO and are the 5 I voted for.

India, Babylon, Japan, France, Russia, America, Carthage and the Maya also must be in the game as well.

Akka said:
Ok.

So, well, the Norman were French, and they are at the origin of England, so France should take all credit for England's accomplishment, so France outshine England as the latter is part of the former.

Thanks for defeating your own argument :)

The Norman were English, eh? They were Scandinavian. Norman means Nordmadr (Man from the North).
Some English or French king gave the Vikings Normandy (named after Nordmenn) because the Viking would have conquered France and England if something wouldn't have been done - so my point is that their origin is from Scandinavia, so Scandinavia outshine England and France :)lol:) That was just a joke.
But England still outshines France big time :crazyeye:

civchu said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by troytheface
Confederate States of America
Texas
California
The 13 Colonies
The Apache

damm yanks

hmm... more like damn rebel... or damn texan with the choices they made... /not/ yank

Rome, Aztecs, China, Babylon, Ottoman

5 civilizations that have mostly passed the test of time. I saw after voting that I forgot Egypt, it should be in my vote, maybe in place of Ottomans.

ill admit to being sentimental...

theres just something wrong about missing rome..
egypt is almost always my best ally... even though it generally means im constantly saving her... :)
babylon... well they were my favorite race to play in all the others...
mongols.. i dunno.. they just always show up so its wrong to not be there..
america... well.. i am american lol!!

America and England, regardless of historical significance just to please the majority of the target audience.
Historically, I can't really say apart from Rome and China.

Easy for me:
1. England
2. America
3. Greece
4. Egypt
5. Celtia Now, some of you will be going "wtf? Celtia? Are you drunk?" but hear me out.

Celtia has been around for AGES. It is responsible for some very major holidays AND traditions, not to mention one of the most renowned landmarks in the history of time. They have created the idea of a calender, which the Romans and other civilizations extened and built upon.

Egypt (Egypt-Nubia),
China (-Hell yeah!),
India, (Mother of all culture)

-Otherwise, Pick the mom, not the kid;

Greece > Rome (Yes, u heard me!)
Persia > Greece (mostly kidding, but only mostly, not fully.)
The (Brittish) Empire > USA (-C'mon!)
Sumer > Babylon (Sorry, but it had to be said)
...and so on.

Swedishguy said:
Once again: What's so special about babylonians?

For example, ever heard about Tower of Babel? Or King Hammurabi and his code/law?

OK, they aren't special, they were just the first high culture and scientific civilization in the world.

SkippyT said:
The Norman were English, eh? They were Scandinavian. Norman means Nordmadr (Man from the North).
Some English or French king gave the Vikings Normandy (named after Nordmenn) because the Viking would have conquered France and England if something wouldn't have been done - so my point is that their origin is from Scandinavia, so Scandinavia outshine England and France :)lol:) That was just a joke.
But England still outshines France big time :crazyeye:
Though the whole Norman thing was just a mockery to show the previous poster how illogical his reasoning was, I beg to differ about England outshining France in the whole History thing - though this one is quite open to debate.

I can only narrow it down to six, not five:
1) Rome
2) Greece
3) Egypt
4) Persia
5) India
6) China

BP

rome, greece, mongolia, china, america

honestly, to leave out mongolia? where's the fun in that!

Kiefer said:
Easy for me:
1. England
2. America
3. Greece
4. Egypt
5. Celtia Now, some of you will be going "wtf? Celtia? Are you drunk?" but hear me out.

Celtia has been around for AGES. It is responsible for some very major holidays AND traditions, not to mention one of the most renowned landmarks in the history of time. They have created the idea of a calender, which the Romans and other civilizations extened and built upon.

Hey, then we can add Estonia too. Estonia had been also for ages or something. At least about 2000 years ago here were first sings of humans. Im quite sure you are drunk+Im quite sure that Incans were never heard about Celtia when they made their calender:lol:

Top Bottom