What am I doing wrong???

00konichiwa00

Prince
I downloaded a few mods to BTS/MODS and extracted them to the same folder (which I have done with all the other mods and they work fine). but non of them work. the mods I have tried to install is Fairy Tale version 2, Hundred Years' War, Pie Ancient Europe and Startingpoints. When I load the mods and are going to choose civics etc., I just get this regular BTS screen and the regular civic choices. Is there problems with those mods or is it me??? (I am pretty sure it's me, but asking just in case)

since nobody answers, does it mean I am not doing anything wrong (that there is something wrong with the mods) or that nobody knows?

The mods you downloaded might have been made before BTS was released, so they won't work if you try to put them in the BTS mod folder. Try seeing what the mods were specifically made for (Warlords, Vanilla Civ4, BTS).

In the upper right hand corner of the main menu, there should be the name of the currently loaded mod.

If that name is not the name of your loaded mod, you've somehow loaded the mod incorrectly.

If not, the mod you've loaded doesn't edit the main menu, or game options, or civics (I'm not sure why you're trying to judge if a mod is loaded by civic choices).

In the upper right hand corner of the main menu, there should be the name of the currently loaded mod.

If that name is not the name of your loaded mod, you've somehow loaded the mod incorrectly.

If not, the mod you've loaded doesn't edit the main menu, or game options, or civics (I'm not sure why you're trying to judge if a mod is loaded by civic choices).

the name of the mod comes up, but not the logo and stuff (intro for the mod/art work). it's just the regular BTS that comes up. I will try and downlaod and install the mods again, just to make sure I did everything correctly

the name of the mod comes up, but not the logo and stuff (intro for the mod/art work). it's just the regular BTS that comes up. I will try and downlaod and install the mods again, just to make sure I did everything correctly

Try changing the main menu screen by going to Advanced -> Options, the "Graphics" tab, and then selecting from the list of choices.

I think that post 3.17, the main screen was set to "BTS Classical". But many mods modify "Beyond the Sword", not "BTS Classical", which might lead to this.

Also, don't bother downloading/reinstalling. Just open the Civilopedia and look around for new/changed stuff. That's a far better way to tell whether a mod is loaded or not.

I just found this thread. I am the creator of both the Hundred Years' War and Fairy Tale. I haven't come across this problem before, but since it also concerns Pie's Ancient Europe and other mods than mine, I would say that the problem lies on your end.

You DO have patch 3.19, don't you? Do exactly every mod you've downloaded work like this or is it just these? Have you indeed installed the mod to its right path (it should be in the mods folder in the BtS installation directory. Not in MyGames.)? Are there files missing from your installs or have you installed the files correctly?

Sorry if my questions seem simplistic, but the answer is often simple. Keep reporting, and we'll sort your problem! No panic! :)

Top Bottom