What are the oldest civilizations in Civ 5?

Just look at the Civs whose UU/UB come extremely early and you can guess from that they were very old civilizations

The olmecs in the La Venta city state... Prehistoric tribes when the world used to be a pangea..

Egypt is the oldest civ. Babylon and Assyria came later as civs per se even though their predecessors came earlier than Egypt.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Among the ones in Civ V; that would be Egypt; it's settlement is pre-historic. Estimated guess is 10,000 BC; unified aprox 3200 BC

The capital of Assyria was founded aprox 2600 BC

Babylon has a known founding date of 1894 BC

Carthage is a newcomer; very roughly 1000 BC

Yeah Carthage compared to Assyria and Babylon and Egypt isn't as old but it is compared to the rest of the Civs in the game. How old are the Huns?

Huns are around the Fall of Rome. They were probably a large part of it. Also how old are the Aztecs/Maya/Inca?

Egypt
China
Babylon
Assyria
Greece

Rome is also pretty old, but they are younger than Greeks.

I think the olmecs go way more primitive into the prehistoric when the world used to be a pangea. This tribe was up earlier than all the ancient era middle eastern tribes and ur which had the father of all times, Abraham.

As mentioned earlier, I believe Egypt is the oldest civ included in Civ 5. They don't Sumer in this game; if they did, they would be the oldest civ.

China is probably the oldest out of them all. Them or Assyria or Egypt. It all depends on which "Kingdom" (age) Egypt is considered in and if you consider China to exist in the Xia dynasty or if you wait until the Qin dynasty to consider it "China"The Babylon shown can be considered the Chaldeans (also known as the New Babylonians) because Nebuchadnezzar II was their main ruler.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Reddishreceu, care to provide any sort of source about that? Seems 110% like you're spouting nonsense.

Egypt is definitely the oldest in Civ 5 with the exception of China; from the books I've read - though they were written in the 80s, so may be new info available - they started at least at roughly similar times.

If they had Sumeria like in civ IV then we would have a 100% winner winner chicken dinner by unfortunately it isn't that easy.

I don't think I would consider those their respective nations. That stretches the envelope a little too far. With that you could make a case with Germany and Brazil etc. that is interesting though. Honestly, the earliest "China" would be either Xia in 2070 bc or Qin in 221 bc. And Egypt with the Old Kingdom in 2686 bc.

True; I was more meaning actual forms of civilization occuring in their historical lands. People were in Egypt, with agriculture (= civilization roughly) before people were in China with agriculture. That doesn't make them Egyptian or Chinese, I get that point. Brazil though? I hadn't realised that there was agriculture in Brazil anywhere near that early?

I think the olmecs go way more primitive into the prehistoric when the world used to be a pangea.
Pangae broke up around 100 million years ago (that's 35 million years before the extinction of the dinosaurs).
Modern humans came into existence around 250.000 years ago.
Olmec society was around from 3600 years ago (~1600BCE)
Source: Wikipedia

Top Bottom