What Are You Reading, Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive just started "Een goede man slaat soms zijn vrouw" (in english: A good husband beats his wife sometimes) by Joris Luyendijk about his experiences when studying in Cairo for a year.

Also reading "Panzer Leader" by Heinz Guderian

going to read a couple short stories over the next hour or so:

The Dream of a Ridiculous Man by Dostoevsky

and

White Nights by Dostoevsky

Cell, by steven King

The first one of his books I have read, and so far I am not impressed. The part where he refers to the mans (word for a certain part of the mail anatomy rhyming with sock) swing like a pengelum, kinda threw me off.

luceafarul said:
Yes indeed. But what i remember best is anyway Eco's answer when somebody asked him why he wrote "The Name of the Rose". "I wanted to kill some monks!":lol:

A few years back, I have read a book called "the belives of those who don't believe", which was in fact just a collection of letters, apparently published in an Italian newspaper, between Eco and the Archbishop of Milan. At that pont, he sounded not only political, but actually too political, and never really touched a nerve point. Perhaps age have softened him up already? ;)

tomsnowman123 said:
Nightwatch by Sergei Lukyanenko
What do you think of it? It's certainly different than most American Sci-fi/Fantasy...

Currently reading Anthony Powell's series A Dance to the Music of Time. Just finished the 9th of the 12 novels in the series.

Sophie 378 said:
I just bought Wintersmith (Terry Pratchett) - £4 off special offer, -10% for studenthood, and I am going to go home right now and read it.
Oh, gotta get that! How is it?

Rereading Feet of Clay (also Pratchett).

Who is Terry Pratchett and why are the denizens of the internets obsessed with him/her?

I just finished A Night to Remember by Walter Lord and am currently engrossed in Carl Sagan's Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors.

Just finished The Chamber, John Grisham. Not my favorite of his, but very emotional none-the-less.

I've got bookmarks in way too many books right now, but I've been reading Marina Warner's Monuments & Maidens, The Oxford History of Ancient Egypt (red. Shaw), and Barry Kemp's 100 Hieroglyphs in the last few days.

The Last Conformist said:
I've got bookmarks in way too many books right now, but I've been reading Marina Warner's Monuments & Maidens, The Oxford History of Ancient Egypt (red. Shaw), and Barry Kemp's 100 Hieroglyphs in the last few days.

Oooh hieroglyphs? I'm reading a book on Chinese characters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom