What can I do in Civ Rev Multiplayer when playing with friends?

BLD

Chieftain
Please forgive me if this has been answered before, but I wonder.
If I have another player playing with me on my team, what is the benefit of this other than assuring that this player does not attack me.
I ask because I have played several games with my wife and my friends, but other than being on the same team we cannot share tech, we cannot share gold, he cannot gift me units, I get no bonuses from having his naval units near my cities or enemy cities. Are we doing something wrong or is Civ Rev limited in this way. Thank you very much.

I'm pretty new to the game, but could you not threaten eachother to demand technology, gold etc?
Also in attacking another civilization, you can fight in tandem to wear them down faster
use eachothers roads?? way quicker travel.
defend eachother-overland or by sea by posting units by their land-ships even. Or just blocking overland attacks to your own cities where they connect to "have their back"

just some ideas.

I have a question too...
Can you play multiplayer on the same console?? I can't figure out how to use multiple controllers on the xbox, it looks like you need to be online or connected to another xbox.

You must be able to use 2nd, 3rd controllers on one console?? I've looked all over and struck out on a simple question.

in mp teams play the only built in benefit, excluding the creative ones that the above poster mentioned, is that you can have any tech your teammate has simply by teching it for 1 turn. its been a while but i think you need all prerequisites to enable this.
a fun strategy a friend and i tried was teaming greeks and germans together. the greeks are great for teams, as you are automatically at war from the start. this allows them to stay in democracy while at war. anyways the germans go about building large armies of elite warriors while the greeks tech iw, alpha, cer. burial, writing, code of laws, monarchy, feudalism. then the germans spend a few turns teching and unleash elite knights on the world.

Top Bottom