What Civ has the Best Music?

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
We all know that at the end of the day, the mechanics of a civ, its power....mean nothing!! The only thing that matter....is the coolness of its music ;)

So which civ do you think has the coolest music?

I think for me its Portugal, though a runner up for the Zulus....any theme song that just continually repeats your own name gets bonus points for me.

Moderator Action: Moved to General Discussions. - Recursive

Last edited by a moderator:
For me

Peaceful: England - I just love her theme, it fits like how the English empire/ British Empire was, a grandiose empire with such grandeur orchestra, a slow build-up to the famous Jupiter chorale, and after the climax, the slow decrescendo to the end. Just perfect to me

War: Brazil - It's just so catchy for me, it felt like a never-ending whirlwind of tropic sound and music, and the memories of listening it to the first time and stunned to see such a change compared to its peace theme, just lovely for a culture civ :3

Peace : Shoshone (melancholia), Mongolia (I love khuuchir)
War : England (flute and rythm), Songhai (original and ominous), Netherlands (I feel like the Empire from Star Wars), Brazil (James Bond)

As for Civ VI, even though I don't play it, the Zulu themes are really the most memorable for me. It's what made me begin thinking about making a Bantu civ mod.

Arabia :p Their peace theme is awesome, their war theme is awesome, and their background music is awesome.

Peace Favorites: England, Aztecs, Greece, America, Egypt

War Favorites: England, Aztecs, Brazil, Shoshone, Egypt

I have a lot of favorites haha

I particularly enjoyed Brazil's Peace and War themes, as well as Babylon's War theme.

For modded civs, I enjoy Meiji's "Ebb and Flow", which come from Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai.

Civ IV Main Theme is awesome.
Came here to say this. Also, the rest of the sound aspects of Civ IV are awesome too. The music is consistently beautiful throughout the eras, and sometimes even a little ambitious. And one can hardly tire of Leonard Nimoy's voice.

Reactions: PiR
Top Bottom