What Civilization game series have you played?

What civilization games have you played?

• Total voters

alex15

Including non Sid Meier's civilization-like games simmilar to Civ games

1) Civilization 1991

2) Sid Meier’s Colonization 1994

3) CivNet 1995 remake with multiplayer

4) — Civilization II: Test of Time 1999 Includes the original Civilization II plus new scenarios and improved features, including an alien landscape.

5) Civilization III 2001

6) — Civilization III: Play the World 2002

7) — Civilization III: Conquests 2003

8) Civilization IV 2005

9) — Civilization IV: Warlords 2006 The first expansion pack for Civilization IV.

10) — Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword 2007 The second expansion pack for Civilization IV.

11) Civilization IV: Colonization 2008 A spin-off based on Sid Meier's 1994 game, Colonization.

12) Civilization Revolution 2008 The second console release, but the first game in the series designed specifically for consoles and iOS; not released for the PC or Mac.

13) Civilization V 2010 The current flagship version of the PC-based Civilization series.

14) — Civilization V: Gods & Kings 2012 The first expansion for Civilization V.

15) — Civilization V: Brave New World 2013 The second expansion for Civilization V

16) Civilization: Call to Power 1999

17) Call to Power II 2000

18) FreeCiv

19) FreeCol

20) C-evo

21) Other

(There was simmiliar topic in in off-topic sub forums, but with less poll options and i wanna ask in Civ5 forums because i want to know how much Civ5 players is new to Civilization series, also other polls didnt include all Civ games like Civ2 Test of Time )

I started civ when I got a free Civ Rev iphone app on the day of its release on iOS. Then proceeded to buy CiV and its expansions. Well played, Sid , you really hooked me.

I started with Civ 2. I still miss those advisors from it. I really liked how they changed their clothes depending on your era :)

Im surprised that many people who playing Civ5 never tryed Civ4

i mean Civ3 may have outdatet graphics and gameplay, but Civ4 last patch has came in 2009 and Civ4 graphics doesnt look old at all. People who playing Civ5 and never played Civ4 should try Civ4 imo even if Civ5 is their favorite, because Civ4 is good too but different

What about the original board game?
The original board game doesn't really have much of a relationship to the video game. Of course there was a board game based on the video game that was later released.

Damn. Can I change my vote somehow? Somehow I failed to tick Civilization I.

Edit:
I'm the only one who played FreeCiv? Well, skipping this game is not a loss.

Now that you ask: yes, actually I've played it once or twice. The one where you had to double your population markers each turn. Interesting game, although quite different to the video game...

Damn. Can I change my vote somehow? Somehow I failed to tick Civilization I.

Edit:
I'm the only one who played FreeCiv? Well, skipping this game is not a loss.
Damn i "forgot" original Civ2 when was posting poll, horever Civ2 and Civ2 Test of Time is almost same game

Freeciv graphics and gameplay is okay (compare to Civ2 graphics), but interface is horrible

You've missing Civ2 (without test of time), and Civ1 for Windows, in the list.

There was also a scenario pack for Civ2, before Test of Time, but I would not consider it something worthy as separate entry in the poll.

Also, Sid Meyer's Alpha Centauri should have honorable mention.

P.S.
From this list, I've played everything, exempt Civ2:ToT (played base version of Civ2 a lot), those free knokoffs and whatever is C-evo...

Very tiny amount of Civ II and very substantial amounts of every other Civ game since then.

I played a lot of Call to Power I and II back in the day. Despite their blandness and the fast descent into utter craziness once you got past the modern era there were some cool things in them. Back when plastering every tile with roads was desirable I really missed the public works system from CtP. Now that in Civ 5 you don't have to do so much with workers I don't miss it that much.

I also played Alpha Centauri a lot. It just might be the game I've played the most. Ever.

A few short games of vanilla CivIII, plenty of CivIV games in vanilla and BTS (plus a few C4W games), and many CivV games, all of which are G&K. Oh, and also some CivRev.
[civ3] [civ4] [c4w] :bts: [civ5] [GandK]

Civ 2 had some really cool scenarios. I t hink it was the Gold edition for the Playstation though.

One was you controlled dinosaurs instead of people. I don't think there were that many buildings to build, but you could build a bunch of different military units. You had an army of raptors and T Rexs and it was fun and different.

I always wished they had done a transformers scenario like that were you had to build 5 constructicons and then you could combine them into 1 devastator unit. As you teched up you could do the same but with the airial bots or Trypticon.

Road spam ruled too.

All of them basically except for 1, both Colonizations, CivNet, and everything below FreeCiv. I honestly don't remember if I had the Conquests expansion for Civ III, it was that long ago.

I liked all of the ones I've played, except for Revolutions. That one had some cool ideas, but it's just too streamlined and rushed.

Advanced Civilization is the best boardgame ever created. I (we) have played it a lot and still does every now and then.
I even own the computer game, but don't think it will work on a 64-bit machine :sad:

I also voted other, and by that I mean alpha centauri. It's basically a future version of civ on a different planet starting from the year 2100.

Im surprised that many people who playing Civ5 never tryed Civ4

i mean Civ3 may have outdatet graphics and gameplay, but Civ4 last patch has came in 2009 and Civ4 graphics doesnt look old at all. People who playing Civ5 and never played Civ4 should try Civ4 imo even if Civ5 is their favorite, because Civ4 is good too but different

I have played Civ V first, tried Civ IV and... it didn't appeal to me, nothing special nor "perfect" (as many people tend to say). Currently trying out Civ III and liking it, much more than Civ IV.

Top Bottom