[NFP] What Civilizations do you want to see next? And do you want Civilization 6 to be expanded more?

Which of these Civilizations do you want to see in Civ 6?

• Total voters
Also, we have enough European civs. Portugal is arguably the last fit that is acceptable to me personally. The consumer base will probably force more in though. If we're going by some South Slavs, which is what's most needed atm, I agree that Bulgaria is a great choice.

In a way, I'm sad they added Ethiopia, because it probably means no more African civs. I have a dream of some day seeing a Swahili civ, based around their incredible participiation in the Indian Ocean trade. A Pagan African naval trading civ? Yes please. Tibet would also be amazing, but with all gaming companies trying to get into the Chinese market, I don't see it happening...

In that I agree, this game have too many europeans civs, it's already enough.

I don't want also Swahili, they can easily come as a bunch of city states, I would argue about some Atlantic African civs as Ashanti, Oyo, Dahomey, Benin and Ndongo as next civs. (Chad or Zimbabwe also should be cool).

From theses civs, the best is Dahomey because the Amazon warriors Ahosi (Mino). Because it will be the first unique unit female, it should have +10atk against male units.

None at all on that list to be perfectly honest, with the possible sole exception of the Byzantine.
Personally, I would like to see The Celts, with Druids included - and not run by Boudicca either (sorry, but her rebellion was utterly personal for revenge and it did not really either last long enough to be called a civ, and neither did it go very well for her in the end). I will need to think a lot more about the options for a theoretical Celt civ, but Julius Caesar thought them enough of a threat to resort to lies & propaganda in order to destroy the Druids - his comments in the Gallic Wars book are all half truths & outright lies.
I'd also like to see some alternate leaders for some of the Civs we already have too - The Maya for one, as I have no clue who Lady Six Skies was and would dispute the Maya even had female leaders - if you look at the lists of their most prominent rulers (bear in mind that current thinking has the Maya as a set of interconnected City States as opposed to an actual empire as such) you will not see a woman in the list. I know it is currently fashionable to include as many women as possible, but not at the expense of historical accuracy. Please see https://www.ancienthistorylists.com/maya-history/important-people-ancient-maya-civilization/
England could also use alternate leaders. Victoria is rightly there, but Eleanor of Aquitaine? Never - she spent most of her life locked away as Richard could not trust her (rightly so) and she was never, ever a 'ruler' of England and at best a part-time queen.
Let's instead have someone like Edward I, or Henry VIII - England's Greatest King.
There are others too - for the USA, where is George Washington? Ramses II or Hapshetsut for Egypt, Catherine The Great for Russia or even Stalin for a USSR 'alternate' Russia (he was an absolute Monster, yes, but would make an interesting leader option), Augustus for Rome, the list could easily run & run.
Also I would absolutely be in favour of more expansions (although not at the expense of Bug Fixing) as there are a lot of things which could be added easily. The Spy/Espionage game right now is very low key and should be enormously expanded, with either Special 'one off' buildings such as a GCHQ Listening Station to gain visibility on other Civs, or an improved diplomatic game - this has a good start right now with the new district but still needs work. It should be possible to frame other civs for espionage actions, target specific buildings for sabotage, generally get more options for using Spies - and allow more of them as well. In reality a Civ will simply recruit replacements if one gets killed off and we cannot even do this much.
Co-operative special projects between 2 or more Civs would be a nice touch too - this could offset the costs for a special project or something that would be very expensive to produce on your own.

Personally, I would like to see The Celts, with Druids included - and not run by Boudicca either (sorry, but her rebellion was utterly personal for revenge and it did not really either last long enough to be called a civ, and neither did it go very well for her in the end). I will need to think a lot more about the options for a theoretical Celt civ, but Julius Caesar thought them enough of a threat to resort to lies & propaganda in order to destroy the Druids - his comments in the Gallic Wars book are all half truths & outright lies.
I'd also like to see some alternate leaders for some of the Civs we already have too - The Maya for one, as I have no clue who Lady Six Skies was and would dispute the Maya even had female leaders - if you look at the lists of their most prominent rulers (bear in mind that current thinking has the Maya as a set of interconnected City States as opposed to an actual empire as such) you will not see a woman in the list. I know it is currently fashionable to include as many women as possible, but not at the expense of historical accuracy. Please see https://www.ancienthistorylists.com/maya-history/important-people-ancient-maya-civilization/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_rulers_in_Maya_society
Lady Six Sky was the longest reigning female queen of a Maya city, so it's not historically inaccurate. The Maya were the best choice in the Americas for an indigenous female leaders as they had them.

As for the Celts I'm not sure they will make it but I would rather them focus on one particular tribe instead of them being a blob civ, like the Gauls.

How is everyone's day going? :) I just wanted to let everyone know that this is a thead to discuss Civilization ideas PEACEFULLY. No name calling, no insults, no threats. Please do so, signed, William the Conqueror.

Last edited:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_rulers_in_Maya_society
Lady Six Sky was the longest reigning female queen of a Maya city, so it's not historically inaccurate. The Maya were the best choice in the Americas for an indigenous female leaders as they had them.

As for the Celts I'm not sure they will make it but I would rather them focus on one particular tribe instead of them being a blob civ, like the Gauls.
Lady Six Sky was an amazing choice, other good options from womans leading American Civ could be Xochitl from Toltec Empire and Evita Peron from Argentina.

Indeed, my America map just have male unit, it need more women.

Lady Six Sky was an amazing choice, other good options from womans leading American Civ could be Xochitl from Toltec Empire and Evita Peron from Argentina.

Indeed, my America map just have male unit, it need more women.
I would like Eva Peron for Argentina too but maybe for Civ 7 since we just got Gran Colombia. :)

if we're going with alternate leaders I think we need a lot more.

• Augustus for a more militaristic Rome
  • Richard III for a more militaristic England
  • Bonaparte or The Sun King for France
  • Andrew Jackson for a more expansionary America (Though Rough Rider Teddy may work with this)
  • Wu Zetian for China
  • Another Egyptian ruler. (I'd also like Cleo to be given a more diplomatic ability bc honestly she was an influential political leader)
  • Himiko for Jepan
  • Isabella for a more economic Spain. (Philip also needs a slight buff bc he was a powerful leader in real life)
  • Catherine for Russia
As far a new civs go I'd love to see the Saxons (or just Alfred as an alt for England), Powhatan, Palmyra (Lead by Zenobia), and the Jews lead by Joshua, David, or Solemn.

You mean Israel right?

if we're going with alternate leaders I think we need a lot more.

• Augustus for a more militaristic Rome
  • Richard III for a more militaristic England
  • Bonaparte or The Sun King for France
  • Andrew Jackson for a more expansionary America (Though Rough Rider Teddy may work with this)
  • Wu Zetian for China
  • Another Egyptian ruler. (I'd also like Cleo to be given a more diplomatic ability bc honestly she was an influential political leader)
  • Himiko for Jepan
  • Isabella for a more economic Spain. (Philip also needs a slight buff bc he was a powerful leader in real life)
  • Catherine for Russia
As far a new civs go I'd love to see the Saxons (or just Alfred as an alt for England), Powhatan, Palmyra (Lead by Zenobia), and the Jews lead by Joshua, David, or Solemn.

My dream is see Louis XIV in this game as in his 14th birthday in 1653.
Spoiler :

If civ 7 have mythical issues, Louis XIV would have sun powers :lol:

Andrew Jackson should come together with Negro Abraham. Someone need to defeat US-Troops.
Spoiler :

You mean Israel right?
About Israel I already said, it should have Krav Maga warriors from late era, maybe purchased with faith. I kind of Warrior Monks.
I'm also against the State of Israel, I think it should be Palestine BUT, this is just a game and it would be fun.

I would like Eva Peron for Argentina too but maybe for Civ 7 since we just got Gran Colombia. :)

I added Dahomey under Agaja. I would like constructive criticism, and I feel as if I can trust you. Thanks, King William. :)

I added Dahomey under Agaja. I would like constructive criticism, and I feel as if I can trust you. Thanks, King William. :)

It's in the second list.

Agaja of the Dahomey Empire

First Look.
His royal symbol is a Caravel, he conquer L'Ouverture's father in 1724 (King of Allada) and the port kingdom of Ouidah in 1727 transforming the small kingdom of Abomey in the Dahomey Empire.

Leader Ability: Rainbow-Snake
+4 faith for each unit kill

Civilization Ability: Tokpe
Farms provide +2 Gold and +1 Housing for every adjacent Farm, and +2 Production and +1 Amenity for each adjacent Specialty District. Farms provide a Standard Adjacency Bonus to Commercial Hubs, Industrial Zones, and Holy Sites.

Unique Unit: Ahosi
Dahomey Unique Renaissance Era Melee Unit that replaces the Musketman.
Adjacent Enemy Units receive +5 Combat Strength when Attacking male units.

Production Cost: 250

Gold Cost: 1,000

Gold Maintenance: 3

Movement Points: 2

Combat Strength: 58

Unique Infrastructure: Ganvie
Can build neighbohood on lakes.

Production Cost: 70

Outer Defense Strength: 120

+2 Culture

+1% Culture for every Enemy Unit that you kill within three Tiles of the City (caps at 20%).

+3 Tourism (with Conservation)

Unique City Project: Python temple

Production Cost: 55

Requires: Holy Site

Effects: Awards Culture and Faith equal to the amount of Conquered Cities Dahomey possesses.

Unique Agenda: Atlantic Slave Trade
Can sell person on conquered city, the humans dosen't lost their faith when selled.

Greeting:Saravá Arrô Boboio.
I am King Agaja of Dahomey, and I suggest that you give your tribute quickly.

Agenda Approval: It has been a long time since I met a ruler as like-minded as I.
You have my sincere gratitude that there are still people who desire a good deal.

Agenda Disapproval: I laugh at your morals. You think that they make you the shining exemplar of civilization when in reality, it just shows that you just want to be respected.

Attacked: So, the little leader wants to show how strong they are.
It’s so hilarious an attempt, I almost want to let you win one victory.

Declares War on You: I see a land whose subjects wail in distress,
a land laid bare by raiders and cities burnings. I see a land ripe for conquest.

Defeated: It appears that I underestimated you. I am glad you have humbled me, and that you can now claim your rightful lands.

Agaja of the Dahomey Empire

First Look.
His royal symbol is a Caravel, he conquer L'Ouverture's father in 1724 (King of Allada) and the port kingdom of Ouidah in 1727 transforming the small kingdom of Abomey in the Dahomey Empire.

Leader Ability: Rainbow-Snake
+4 faith for each unit kill

Civilization Ability: Tokpe
Farms provide +2 Gold and +1 Housing for every adjacent Farm, and +2 Production and +1 Amenity for each adjacent Specialty District. Farms provide a Standard Adjacency Bonus to Commercial Hubs, Industrial Zones, and Holy Sites.

Unique Unit: Ahosi
Dahomey Unique Renaissance Era Melee Unit that replaces the Musketman.
Adjacent Enemy Units receive +5 Combat Strength when Attacking male units.

Production Cost: 250

Gold Cost: 1,000

Gold Maintenance: 3

Movement Points: 2

Combat Strength: 58

Unique Infrastructure: Ganvie
Can build neighbohood on lakes.

Production Cost: 70

Outer Defense Strength: 120

+2 Culture

+1% Culture for every Enemy Unit that you kill within three Tiles of the City (caps at 20%).

+3 Tourism (with Conservation)

Unique City Project: Python temple

Production Cost: 55

Requires: Holy Site

Effects: Awards Culture and Faith equal to the amount of Conquered Cities Dahomey possesses.

Unique Agenda: Atlantic Slave Trade
Can sell person on conquered city, the humans dosen't lost their faith when selled.

Greeting:Saravá Arrô Boboio.
I am King Agaja of Dahomey, and I suggest that you give your tribute quickly.

Agenda Approval: It has been a long time since I met a ruler as like-minded as I.
You have my sincere gratitude that there are still people who desire a good deal.

Agenda Disapproval: I laugh at your morals. You think that they make you the shining exemplar of civilization when in reality, it just shows that you just want to be respected.

Attacked: So, the little leader wants to show how strong they are.
It’s so hilarious an attempt, I almost want to let you win one victory.

Declares War on You: I see a land whose subjects wail in distress,
a land laid bare by raiders and cities burnings. I see a land ripe for conquest.

Defeated: It appears that I underestimated you. I am glad you have humbled me, and that you can now claim your rightful lands.

Um... First of all, the ability of the Mino unit ... How would anybody know if a unit was male or female? All the units are male except the Mino. Second, Python Temple sounds like a unique building, not a project. Third, the infrastructure is that you can build a neighborhood on lake tiles. Don't you mean that it's a neighborhood replacement? Fourth, +4 Faith per unit killed. Does that mean +4 Faith per turn? I'm trying to be as respectful as possible

No worry milord, I'm also want to be respectfull with you.
If i put something in the wrong place it is because today I'm a bit lazy. :lol:

About Mino, that is funny. All Units since now are male, I guess modern Israel can also have women units, but since now they are all male.

About my errors of typing and other issues sorry.

Thanks, Emperor Henri.

I'm not too knowledgeable on Dahomey but it looks good.
I don't know about an ancient walls replacement or how that would work in game when it gets replaced by Medieval Walls.

Since Dahomey, modern day Benin, is the home of the West African Vodun religion, or voodoo, maybe a Vodun Altar as a unique shrine could work while keeping the same bonuses that the wall would since Vodun was a religion that revolved around sacrificing people, well except the outer defense strength.

I don't know about an ancient walls replacement or how that would work in game when it gets replaced by Medieval Walls.

Since Dahomey, modern day Benin, is the home of the West African Vodun religion, or voodoo, maybe a Vodun Altar as a unique shrine could work while keeping the same bonuses that the wall would since Vodun was a religion that revolved around sacrificing people, well except the outer defense strength.
Sacrificing of people is something Aztecs did, the Vooduns just kill chickens, rabbits and and goats.
I follow the version of "Vodun" who arrive in Brazil, here it is called "Candomblé". My religion have more Yoruba influence, but have a bit of Voduns too, as the rainbow-snake who is the most important god to Voduns, he is one of "small" ones in my "church" (terreiro).

As I know, Voodo is very strong in south USA, in Lousiana and also Haiti. I guess Agadja was friend of the French emperors...:mischief: I'm not sure.

I follow the Ketu religion, try to find on map, very close to Fon territory. I know a bit about Voodum religion.

Sacrificing of people is something Aztecs did, the Vooduns just kill chickens, rabbits and and goats.
I follow the version of "Vodun" who arrive in Brazil, here it is called "Candomblé". My religion have more Yoruba influence, but have a bit of Voduns too, as the rainbow-snake who is the most important god to Voduns, he is one of "small" ones in my "church" (terreiro).
https://face2faceafrica.com/article...-history-of-human-sacrifices-on-a-large-scale
It apparently happened in West Africa too.

Kill serves on funerals happens in Zulu Kraal and Egypt pharaoh funerals too.

It isn't a voodoo characteristic I guess, at least here in Brazil we just sacrifice animals :lol:

Once I read in Serra Leoa there are people making humans sacrifice, but it is also not Voodoo.
We need to separate this things, Voodoo is a serious religion.

Also, despite the Dahomey historians say they sell people to slavery, they prefer to say they kill them.

That is the only difference between Portugueses and Dahomey history about Ketu, for example.

Portugueses documents say they are sold on slavery and Dahomey griôs tell they are all killed. :sad:

Slavery is so shamefull than even the king of slavery coast is a shame of it and prefer to say they kill everybody.

Last edited:

The bonuses would stay even after you put medieval walls. If you don't bother to upgrade your walls, however, those will help boost up your tourism without having to build renaissance walls. :)

The bonuses would stay even after you put medieval walls. If you don't bother to upgrade your walls, however, those will help boost up your tourism without having to build renaissance walls. :)
Milord, I guess you made a comun mistake. Dahomey empire never had a great wall, there is a Civilization called Benin in nowadays Nigeria who had great walls. Dahomey empire is called nowadays Benin Republic and it can make a lot of confusion :lol:

A video about real Benin civilization who had great walls.

Top Bottom