What determines whose units move first in simulatenous play?

FilthyRobot

Chieftain
I've heard host, I've heard ping to server (is civ 5 even server based?), I've heard who clicks first but I'd like to actually know what determines this.

Anyone know?

The host does not have a distinct advantage over others. Mainly it's your internet connection, processor/video card and ability to click faster or best timed. Also if your graphics are up really high it will cause your computer to struggle and you will move slower.

Players with better connection and hardware tend to have upper hand.

Some years ago in vanilla Civ5 when my multiplayer group still used this unfair reaction test, it used to be game host who had no lag at all, while _all_ others had to wait for he to move his units.

Only way to beat the host was to be really fast at the beginning of turn, which lead the host to have same lag that everyone else used to have.

These are nice responces, but they don't answer the question.

What precisely lets one player be faster than another?

An example of this is guys like universal soldier or tommynt a year ago, always first moves, no matter settings and players.

These are nice responces, but they don't answer the question.

What precisely lets one player be faster than another?

An example of this is guys like universal soldier or tommynt a year ago, always first moves, no matter settings and players.

Tommynt does not always get first move. He was just telling me the other day that Fredodo and many other players always move before him. I think hardware, internet connection and timing are all very important. I believe there is a sweet spot where if you click at that specific time your move will be extremely fast. Spam clicking before that sweet spot will do nothing and after it will be obviously be delayed. The trick is knowing exactly when the game decides to accept clicks for the next turn. Although this can not overcome a bad connection or slow computer.

Also, rapid fire mouse?? Anyone know of people using these in Civ 5?

Top Bottom