What Does Crusader Kings III Look Like?

BvBPL

Pour Decision Maker
Paradox has signaled that CK II development might be winding down. That must mean CK III development is ramping up. What do you think CK III should look like?

I’m thinking a lot more emphasis on the roleplaying aspects of the game. The most recent expansions have heavily focused on roleplaying and stories around individual characters. I think that has added a lot to the game, and I think more emphasis on those elements are likely.

CKII is fun but my kingdoms never last too long until I cheat. Brothers always square up against cousins and everything goes to hell eventually.

Mind you I will probably end up buying CKIII at some point or other. I love strategy games and I love maps. And there will be Poland, so

I expect to see more of the same with improved graphics and minor gameplay alterations. Perhaps a more nuanced approach to everything. I agree that an evolution of the roleplaying aspects of the game would be welcome

That must mean CK III development is ramping up.

I would hope not. What about Vicky 3(!!!), EU:Rome 2(or new standalone roman/ancient IP) or even a new Svea Rike? Hell, pick up Runemaster again.

CK2 is my favorite of the new-gen Paradox games (though I haven't picked up EU4 yet, Paradox is my overall favorite dev but I still take my time to buy new releases/DLC as I only have so many games I can spend hundreds of hours on), but I still think they should let it rest for a bit before making a new one, CK2 is still good for a while.

Personally one thing I would really like in a new CK would be higher "resolution" or gameplay focus on the smaller vassals. For some reason I always really liked having castles or minor vassals in otherwise foreign provinces and go to great lengths to get them. Playing Baron or similar with several dispersed minor holdings would be cool to me for some reason. As CK2 developed these things seemed to me to matter less and less.

Last edited:
I never played any of the CK. I heard that the Abbasids are like an infinite collective borg there :)

Besides, Paradox must be one of the most nazi-like game companies, and their forums are really messed up.

Not sure it does mean ck3 is ramping up. I'd hope it was v3 instead or maybe an entirely new ip.

Also I'm not really sure who they are supposed to be nazi like. Their main issue is dlc bloat but at least you get major free updates as well.

I don't mean their business actions (although there were some infamous decisions there...) but their actual forums and how they are run, and what kind of crowd tends to post there in the more ot-ish sections. Namely the demographic is hugely closer to stormfront than any regular computer game forum (eg cfc).

Hmmm. My forum experience has got much better there after they introduced the new forums. Putting people on ignore really cuts out the rubbish. There us still the odd person who really winds me up but now its manageable. Cfc is pretty unique in my experience as being a very good and mature forum.

Top Bottom