What happens to defunct Founders?

floppymoose

Warlord
Are religions going to have a founding city? Are Founder beliefs transferable in any way, if you capture the right city, or destroy the founding civ?

Are religions going to have a founding city? Are Founder beliefs transferable in any way, if you capture the right city, or destroy the founding civ?

If you capture a holy city the founder loses the bonus, but you dont get it

Personally, I think this should change. It makes more sense to fight for the Holy City as a way to gain a positive bonus.

Personally, I think this should change. It makes more sense to fight for the Holy City as a way to gain a positive bonus.

But it will make a race for a religion way more important in this way, and it will be more meaningful to decid which religion to follow.
Might be interesting.

But it will make a race for a religion way more important in this way, and it will be more meaningful to decid which religion to follow.
Might be interesting.

This is from a gameplay/strategical POV.

From a realistic point of view, doesn't really bode with me. I hope they do change it.

It will certainly will be interesting, however.

Well I guess there will still be an incentive to RE-capture your holy city. This is what most religious wars are about after all. Unfortunately multiple civs just seem to imagine that the same place is THEIR holy city...:mischief:

Based on what I remember hearing from interviews...
Religions do have a holy city. If you capture it, you do not get the founder beliefs. However, if the original civilization takes it back, they regain the founder beliefs.
I would also speculate that holy cities are automatically put in civ capitals. This way, they cannot be razed by invaders. But who knows.

I don't think it's a good way to go. As it adds too much incentives to go to war and take the benefit of religions so easily. Any thing oriented towards war is bad implementation.

I don't think it's a good way to go. As it adds too much incentives to go to war and take the benefit of religions so easily. Any thing oriented towards war is bad implementation.
I agree to that. It'd be too much incentive for war and would undermine pacifist (religious) playstyles.

You can't found more than one religion can you? With the new system they have, I doubt you can.

wow, good question.

You'd obviously lose the benefit of expanding your current religion when founding a new one. But is it possible at all?

Nah, since there's supposed to be 0.5 religions per civ in the game I'm sure there no chance there will be a religion left when you get your second Great Prophet.

Top Bottom