What ideology will my people want?

northernscribe

Chieftain
So I'm in a game now where I have almost zero tourism, and the biggest warmonger on the planet has just chosen Order. my two allies, which have MORE tourism than the warmonger, haven't chosen an ideology yet. I'm going for a science victory, so I picked Freedom, but that ended up in a LOT of unhappiness as everyone else picked either ORder or Autocracy. My question is: Will my people want the ideology of whatever civ has the highest tourism rating? what about the number 2 and 3 civs, who are allies, and who have close the amount of toursim as the number one civ? I tried waiting it out by not building factories but when I hit the modern era I was forced to choose. Any one know how this is figured?

Either ORder or Freedom would have been good for me, chose freedom to get the two extra tenets, I just don't like suffering the unhappiness when my Ideology is unpopular. I'll trade one free tenet to not hav eto deal with all the unhappiness, as long as the ideology is suitable for my VC.

As long as you've built all guilds and run all of them and build standard buildings housing great works, your people will generally be happy with whatever ideology you want.
(But you may want to veto any resolution establishing an ideology different from the one you select)

Top Bottom