What If God Was Real And Manifested Proving It?

Lizzo got canceled in like a day. :O

I'm not really sure where mercy and forgiveness come into the equation with public figures.

They are so rich and powerful, anything less than career death does not get their attention or an urge to profusely apologize.

Social media makes it a lot easier to boycott things for sure.

Spiritually speaking, a person who does bad things is gradually a bad person right?

Know the tree by its fruit?

You have an artist whose brand was basically "non-toxic" being shown up as extremely toxic, so of course people are going to feel betrayed and stop consuming the brand, because they recognize that they were being sold a lie.

There's nothing particularly remarkable or ominous about this.

And come on, this "showbiz411" article typifies all the reasons we need to "cancel" people - seriously? "A PR campaign no one's ever seen before"? How about admitting you did wrong and taking steps to make sure it won't happen again? I'd hazard a guess that would do much more to revive Lizzo's brand than any PR horsehockey. But of course, if she's as much of a narcissist as these allegations imply, admitting she did wrong won't be on the table.

Lawsuits are slow with guilty or not guilty verdicts at the end?

Lizzo's career was finished within hours.
Surely that is remarkable compared to the past.

Not that remarkable, let alone when taking into account the criminal allegations. Milo was ended instantly, and then there weren't even any lawsuits - just stuff he said which weren't liked by his traditional backers either.
The system doesn't inherently care if you are on one end of the spectrum or the other, when you are deemed as non-sustainable.
Not that I see what all this has to do with a god proving they are real ;)

Lawsuits are slow with guilty or not guilty verdicts at the end?

Lizzo's career was finished within hours.
Surely that is remarkable compared to the past.
Her career being "finished" isn't something anyone can predict at this stage.

However, in general, there is less recourse for those who are more progressive (vs. say right-wingers who feel the consequences of their own actions), because they're less likely to get a job on Fox to loudly shout about how they're being censored :)

Her career being "finished" isn't something anyone can predict at this stage.

However, in general, there is less recourse for those who are more progressive (vs. say right-wingers who feel the consequences of their own actions), because they're less likely to get a job on Fox to loudly shout about how they're being censored :)

Heh.

I'm just shocked by the speed is all.

I still remember as a kid having my talking Pee-Wee Herman doll taken away by my parents and not being told why.

RIP Paul Reubens.

Not that remarkable, let alone when taking into account the criminal allegations. Milo was ended instantly, and then there weren't even any lawsuits - just stuff he said which weren't liked by his traditional backers either.
The system doesn't inherently care if you are on one end of the spectrum or the other, when you are deemed as non-sustainable.
Not that I see what all this has to do with a god proving they are real ;)

Proof of God? Hmm

Don't see humanity lasting 1000 more years, better figure the theology out fast.

We are on the clock.

*Edit*
Showcasing Earth's dominant belief system to aliens seems way too optimistic.

Last edited:
You have an artist whose brand was basically "non-toxic" being shown up as extremely toxic, so of course people are going to feel betrayed and stop consuming the brand, because they recognize that they were being sold a lie.

There's nothing particularly remarkable or ominous about this.

And come on, this "showbiz411" article typifies all the reasons we need to "cancel" people - seriously? "A PR campaign no one's ever seen before"? How about admitting you did wrong and taking steps to make sure it won't happen again? I'd hazard a guess that would do much more to revive Lizzo's brand than any PR horsehockey. But of course, if she's as much of a narcissist as these allegations imply, admitting she did wrong won't be on the table.
And as her level of preachiness was always extra, it's neither a surprise nor, in some ways, much of a tragedy.

Agreed. See also: Ellen
EDIT: Joss Whedon comes to mind as well

Top Bottom