what i'm i doing wrong?

do you want CivRev2?

• Total voters

King Commando

Chieftain
every game i play CivRev or Civ4 i follow the same strategy and by 1900AD i've fought every country in the game in a war. what i'm i doing wrong? i'm very peaceful but i like a strong military. my strategy is thus:
1st after i founded my 1st city, i rush a warrior
2nd i make a barrack
3rd rush new settler
4th build food rich city to make more settlers
5th build military
6th build navy
7th explore
8th build 3rd production city
9th build 4th gold/science city
10th build 5th production city
11th build culture
12th wing it
i follow this exact strategy to the letter but people and AIs alike declare war on me why? i'm i doing something wrong
:confused::cry::rolleyes:

im Patrick Paris my sis gave me this account and you are?

Nevermind anything then. I thought this was your sister. You make a lot of topics like her...

i ussually post on the stories forum and 2K forums

every game i play CivRev or Civ4 i follow the same strategy and by 1900AD i've fought every country in the game in a war. what i'm i doing wrong? i'm very peaceful but i like a strong military. my strategy is thus:
1st after i founded my 1st city, i rush a warrior
2nd i make a barrack
3rd rush new settler
4th build food rich city to make more settlers
5th build military
6th build navy
7th explore
8th build 3rd production city
9th build 4th gold/science city
10th build 5th production city
11th build culture
12th wing it
i follow this exact strategy to the letter but people and AIs alike declare war on me why? i'm i doing something wrong
:confused::cry::rolleyes:

CivRev and Civ4 are very different games. You can't use the same strategy in both. Since this forum is for CivRev, I'll just tell you what you're doing wrong there.

The early barracks makes no sense. You build a barracks and then a settler? Is this so you can have a veteran settler? You build a navy (consisting of what exactly?) and then explore?

Units are better than buildings in CivRev. It can be a good idea to have a barracks somewhere, but only if you're setting up a mid or late-game rush. You don't need it to defend and you don't need it for an early rush (you will vet up on barbs).

Without a timeframe and more detail (what military are you building, what navy?) it's difficult to tell what else you're doing wrong. Expanding is good. Specializing your cities is okay, though you will tend to want more trade cities than anything else. Culture is worthless. A good benchmark is to try to have around 10 cities by 0 AD. The easiest way to do this is to kill your neighbor fast with warriors and/or horsemen, then expand. You should be able to find strategies to explain how to do this.

If other players are declaring war on you, it's because they want to win the game.

If the AI is declaring war on you, it's because you are weak and they are more advanced.

In both cases, having 10 cities by 0 AD will typically give you enough might to hit back and tech up at the same time all the while expanding. Get this down and single player will become a bore and you'll be a top online player.

i will give the time frames i typically finish these tasks
1st 4000bc
2nd 1500bc
3rd 1000bc
4th 0
5th ussually 2 of the standard unit, around 1000AD
6th 2 of the standard unit 1350AD
7th around 1400AD
8th 1450AD
9th 1450AD
10th 1550AD
11th 1660
12th 1700 wing it
i never said i didn't fight wars inbetween these objectives & i pride myself in how technologically advanced i am. my last game i got to space flight by they got to feudalism! and i'm ussually hunkered down so by the time you find me, i might have already went expansionist. BUT i've played 5 online matches & won each one( i never said i didn't win) And also i'm a battlefield type thinker and a defensive strategist. so if i take your city you probably won't get it back.

Typically, you want to research Horseback riding and use one or two horse armies to rush at least one enemy capital early in the game. After that, you can usually do whatever you want and still win.

Get used to the AI declaring war on you all the time no matter what you do. That's just how this game works. Make sure your border cities are well protected and that you don't have any fog of war within your empire, otherwise the AI will magically teleport military units into the fog of war. I will make sure to post a unit in an area that has fog of war just to prevent the AI from doing this. Unfortunately this version of Civ is not as favorable to the Peaceful Builders.

Skip the barracks and build more settlers faster.
Then go through all your steps much faster than you have laid out here.
try that :)

Or you can play GOTW style and rush them with horsemen and catch them on walkouts.

Top Bottom