What is faith for if there are no religions left to be founded?

jonpfl

Prince
All,

I noticed that all religions have been founded in my game and I didn't find one.

What use is faith for at this point?

Thx
jonpfl

You can purchase Great People with it later in the game.

You can purchase religious buildings when the AIs religion spreads to you (if that was one of their beliefs)

Good faith generation can be really useful, even without a religion.

You can purchase Great People with it later in the game.

You can purchase religious buildings when the AIs religion spreads to you (if that was one of their beliefs)

Good faith generation can be really useful, even without a religion.

Great people? You mean religious people?

Also, can I still get a parthenon?

Thx
jonpfl

Great People refers to Great Engineers, Great Scientists, etc. You still need to complete the relevant social policy tree that unlocks the ability to buy a particular Great Person in the Industrial Era and later -- e.g., completing Tradition allows you to buy Great Engineers, Rationalism unlocks Great Scientists, etc.

You can still get a pantheon belief until one other civ has enhanced its religion and the number of pantheons + religions equals the maximum permitted number of religions (e.g., on a Standard sized map only 5 religions can be founded, so if a civ enhances its religion when there is one other founded religion and 3 other pantheons (for a total of five religions + pantheons), no more pantheons can be founded).

Great people? You mean religious people?

Also, can I still get a parthenon?

Thx
jonpfl
All,

I noticed that all religions have been founded in my game and I didn't find one.

What use is faith for at this point?

Thx
jonpfl

Yes you can get a parthenon, just build it after researching Drama and Poetry. You should also have searched harder around the map, maybe you can find a Religion this way. :D

Yes you can get a parthenon, just build it after researching Drama and Poetry. You should also have searched harder around the map, maybe you can find a Religion this way. :D

Sorry, I don't mean parthenon, I mean the perks you can get before you actually find a religion. It starts with a P but I cannot remember the name right now.

Can I still get those perks?

How can I still find a religion when it says there 0 left? Not sure what you mean by that.

Thx
jonpfl

Pantheon. See my post above. And once the maximum number of religions that can be founded have been founded, no more religions can be founded. You can "adopt" an attractive AI religion by capturing an AI great prophet or missionary and use it to convert your cities, or just wait for the AI to do it (but that may result in an unwanted religion or a very late religion).

Given your questions, you might want to review the religion articles in the War Academy (sub-forum of Strategy & Tips).

Top Bottom