What is that violet-white civ on the mini map down there?

It's not Indonesia. Teal(ish) and Red (iirc without looking).

Maybe it's just a reference to Civ II for no particularly good reason... Even if others shared it, it was the colour combination for the Sioux back then.

I doubt it but someone proposed a theory that the Iroquois had their colors changed
My reason for thinking this is that when they were designing the Iroquois, they were the native North American civ. So they could use that sort of colour scheme without clashing with anyone.

Start designing another native NA civ and they're probably going to end up with a very similar colour scheme. It just so happens that the first native NA civ happens to have a legitimate claim at a more colourful scheme that won't clash. I think in that situation I'd consider using it.

Each of those color schemes you mentioned has some real world basis behind them however, there is no real world basis connecting the Sioux with purple

I kid you not, the colour on the left hand side is the colour from the minimap, the colour on the right is the colour from that part of the flag of Venice posted in this thread...

I'm actually crying with laughter. I think we know where the colour came from...

I kid you not, the colour on the left hand side is the colour from the minimap, the colour on the right is the colour from that part of the flag of Venice posted in this thread...

I'm actually crying with laughter. I think we know where the colour came from...

Very nice!

This is almost as good as the thread where people found the source material for the artwork in the game... I thought they might be similar, but wow... it seems they just took that exact colour and used it for them!

Is the colour the equilivent of Egypt's Text colour or Rome's Background color? I hope it's Egypt, I'm dying for them to use it as a primary colour (background).

Oh wow, I guess that was a lucky shot in the dark then :crazyeye:

Ok, if it is the color from the Venetian flag, what does that little globe thing represent? I expected Venice's colors to be gold for the Lion of St. Mark, and Cyan for the sea.

This is almost as good as the thread where people found the source material for the artwork in the game... I thought they might be similar, but wow... it seems they just took that exact colour and used it for them!

:goodjob:

They probably jsut used the color picker tool in pshop or pagemaker or whatever.

(as an aside . . . wow what an ugly flag.)

Further proof (as if it's needed anymore):

The top is the cream from the globe thing/city dots. The bottom is the purple from the globe thing/territory.
Please don't call stuff like this proof. Yes, this looks very, very likely, but too often on this forum I see people clinging to their 'proof' for their pet civ even though it actually proves nothing.

Further proof (as if it's needed anymore):

The top is the cream from the globe thing/city dots. The bottom is the purple from the globe thing/territory.

Really?! Hahaha!

Okay, so we now have 8 of the 9 Civs basically revealed then.

Top Bottom