What is the best reward for a senatorial mission in RTW?

diablodelmar

no comment
I don't know all of them but I personally think its the Legionary first Cohort since they are so darn hard to get a hold of and the eagle really makes a big difference.

Sashie VII said:
Best I've got is 10000 dinarii. After some time I just ignore the senate.
Yeah but then your popularity falls and they ask you to commit suicide. I think its best to do what they say, because you want as much population support as possible.

with the recent patches the only thing I remember was being asked to commit suicide. refusing, and Finding all my armies out at the extremes of my Empire.

That was not my plan. The other Roman Factions take a LONG time to expand with the patch, thus the Scipii still had about 4 full stacks. I like having a Good economy :D

Kal'thzar said:
That was not my plan. The other Roman Factions take a LONG time to expand with the patch, thus the Scipii still had about 4 full stacks. I like having a Good economy

A good economy is compulsory in any game with any faction :goodjob:

They expand slowly=less cities to take=less troops spent

Just take the cities quickly and the stacks'll become rebels.bribe em, and you'll gain soldiers! :lol:

Sashie VII said:
Popularity with the senate is not as important as my popularity with the people :D

After all, I'm vying for power in Rome aren't I ;)
The two go hand in hand though! Sometimes when you complete a mission for the senate they throw games in your honour at rome.

btw, what else can you do to get popular with the people?

The 10,000 denarii is nice, but honestly, I prefer when they give me an Urban Cohort, Sarmation Mercenary, etc. Money is nice, but since I'll eventually spend it on troops, I say why wait?

Tank_Guy#3 said:
The 10,000 denarii is nice, but honestly, I prefer when they give me an Urban Cohort, Sarmation Mercenary, etc. Money is nice, but since I'll eventually spend it on troops, I say why wait?
probably because troops cost (at most) a tenth of that amount.

after a while, no matter what i did, the senate absolutely hated me. I had like one popularity bar with them. Granted, most of what i was doing at this point was recapturing and slaughtering rebellious cities of mine (good source of gold btw), but sometimes it was a real mission, one that required a great deal of time and effort, for example, i marched 15000 men across N africa to take the city of Alexandria. in the nile valley they met with 5000 more who came from the concluding Greek campaign. Oh, how i crushed those poor Egyptians! But what did i get for losing about 1/4 of this massive force in battle? the gratitude of the senate. Then they ask me to blockade a harbor in britain, eith the closest navy in the Ligurian Sea, and then yell at me for it. Yea, those 8000 men left from Egypt went straight back to Italia, to pwn SPQR. Stupid senate. You know what, next game, im just gonna ignore them from the start, go rogue with my nation. SO what if i lose my italian cities? If im Scipii, then I still have Sicily!

Edit:h, and winning THAT game would be sooo much more satisfying. Its like stickin it to the pope in MTW

Well I'd still do mission that offers money if I could do it without too much effort, Cheezy. Then ignore them after I've got a decent empire.

Hey have anyone used a Roman faction to stop the growth of other romans? i.e. Brutii, take Sicily to deny the Scipii expansion. In vanilla RTW I remember bribing a roman city and the senate assigned a mission: give it back. OF course I didn't.

Sashie VII said:
Well I'd still do mission that offers money if I could do it without too much effort, Cheezy. Then ignore them after I've got a decent empire.

Hey have anyone used a Roman faction to stop the growth of other romans? i.e. Brutii, take Sicily to deny the Scipii expansion. In vanilla RTW I remember bribing a roman city and the senate assigned a mission: give it back. OF course I didn't.

Lmao, I found that so funny!

*bribes rome*

Give it back!

Mmm, no, I'm good.

Tank_Guy#3 said:
Unkeep?
Sorry, I have to stick with the cash. I can use some of it on cash, some of it on repairs/retraining, building, watchtowers, mercenaries...

For me, the 10000 money.

As the gauls one game, i was about to attack rome, and discovered the luckiest thing ever: SPQR's entire army was not commanded by any family member, so i reached for my wallet....

Dreadnought said:
For me, the 10000 money.

As the gauls one game, i was about to attack rome, and discovered the luckiest thing ever: SPQR's entire army was not commanded by any family member, so i reached for my wallet....
If you're Gaul, the senate won't send you money. So how is it relevant?

Top Bottom