• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

What is this?

Ankka

Deity
This is what I saw in a thread at Civ 3: Graphics modpacks.

Seems like this guy hasn't registered. How has it been able for him to post then? :confused:

It's the Registered and Style bits that get me! I mean you could make your title "Guest"....does N/A show up if your posts are so old they were in deleted threads?

EDIT: I dug out his profile.

note to self
...must :wallbash: get :wallbash: life! :wallbash:

Pggar is a registered member; I remember him though I haven't seen him in a long time...

It's a really old thread.
It's got something to do with old versions of vbull and upgrading to new versions blablabla... I might be wrong though. ;)

How did the forum register the guest's post as Pggar's, if Pggar didn't register his userid until 8 days after? :confused:

Yes, Ho welse could it be done, you post as an anonymous person noone knows who he is? :p

Strange... Very strange... :hmm:

It'll suck if guests were allowed to post here... think of all the more posts there'd be. :(

Originally posted by Padma
"Anonymous" is a vaild user when guests are allowed to post (usually). And you're right, nobody knows just who it happens to be. I visit some forums where over half the posts in a given thread are by various "anonymous" posters. :)
I think it would be a headache fr a moderating POV. :)

Good to see that's been done away with...

Originally posted by XIII
I think it would be a headache fr a moderating POV. :)

Good to see that's been done away with...

Yeah, I can see trying to ban 'Annonymous'. . .that would screw it up for everyone else.

What I hate is when you try to check a forum out to see if you want to join it, and they don't even let you look at the forums until you've registered. I guess it makes sense, cuz then you get demographics on who's reading your forums, but from a lurker POV it just play sucks. I usually don't register just to see if I want to stay joined.

Originally posted by Turner_727
What I hate is when you try to check a forum out to see if you want to join it, and they don't even let you look at the forums until you've registered. I guess it makes sense, cuz then you get demographics on who's reading your forums, but from a lurker POV it just play sucks. I usually don't register just to see if I want to stay joined.

This is also used to vet people at invitation-only forums. :)

Well, I can solve this little puzzle.
I actually registered quite before Nov 23, 2001.
I think it was in September or something like that.
However, one day I came to the forum and my account was gone.
I remember talking to TF and re-regestering.
That's the reason why there are guest posts of mine in the forum.
I believe there are more than one, but I didn't look for them. ;)

hehe, Pggar is the team captain for the Brazilian civ3 team in the C3C ISDG. ;)

heheheh
Yeah! It's been some time.
I mostly participated when the site was not so huge like today.
I remember the Sucession games, they were great.
Now I am the admin of a brazilian forum, so I don't have that much time to come here and post as often as I would like to. :(

Top Bottom