• Ancient Era

Votes: 32 26.0%
  • Middle Ages

Votes: 36 29.3%
  • Industrial Era

Votes: 41 33.3%
  • Modern Age

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • There was eras?? Why didn't anybody tell me!!

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
Ancient. I'm all about exploring the unknown, my little island of light surrounded by a seemingly infinite ocean of dark. It's kind of like the womb.

Originally posted by homeyg
You win before you get to the industrial age? Geeez!

Same here. Once you get to cavs, domination is pretty close.

I usually conquer one civ with swords (or an equivalent), the next civ or two with knights, then the rest with cavs. Granted, I also play on tiny to standard maps (...until I get a better computer). If I have a civ with a fast UU (Celts, and Iroquois come to mind), I can conquer a bit quicker.

Modern age, simply because I play it so infrequently compared to the others that it's a nice change. Although Industrial age is very good too.

Originally posted by Chieftess

I usually conquer one civ with swords (or an equivalent), the next civ or two with knights, then the rest with cavs. Granted, I also play on tiny to standard maps (...until I get a better computer). If I have a civ with a fast UU (Celts, and Iroquois come to mind), I can conquer a bit quicker.

Well, I'm usually afraid of going to war because I usually have such bad luck. I go for one of the peaceful victories.

OMG!!! 2 people vote for the last choice..they must be in the game..A LOT!!!

I am on Regant level..I am doing pretty good...I am the most advanced and I am in the Middle Ages...I want to start a war..but I dont want too...

Originally posted by Chieftess

Sometimes I don't go to war, even if I could. I like to play peacefully. I don't feel like I'm forced to go to war in all my games even if I did, I would win easily and early.

My first Deity win for instance, was a pure peaceful game. The only war was 3 years before I won, and that was the egyptians attacking me. 3 years after their attack, I got the UN and we held a vote. And I was the winner against the Egyptians. ;)

Anyways, if you feel it's a shame you don't make it to the Industrial ages and you like the industrial ages. DON'T play agressive. Or move up some Difficulties.

Ancient. I really only find the begining of the game enjoyable these days. I enjoy expanding, building up my cities, and defending my cities or attacking early on. Later is just becomes way too tedious and I am sure if I am going to win or lose by the end of the ancient era either way.

Originally posted by Rellin
Ancient. I really only find the begining of the game enjoyable these days. I enjoy expanding, building up my cities, and defending my cities or attacking early on. Later is just becomes way too tedious and I am sure if I am going to win or lose by the end of the ancient era either way.

Sounds like you REALLY should go up a difficulty level

Ya, I play on Monarch, and I usually can't tell if I am going to win until I am well into the middle ages. In my current game though, I have cleared my entire continent, and I am still researching Feudalism, so I think that this one will be a win...if I can find the rest of the civs who are all on some far away continent.

I love the hard fought out games were it comes to the point where you just barely beat the AI. Those are so fun.

People around me find it very strange when I'm shouting at the screen tho...

Damn you Xerxes! Im'a nuke ya ass!
And you, take it and shove it, Catherine!
And what the hell are your maggots doing here, Genghis? huh? HUH!

:lol: People that don't play civ would find it strange.

In my game, I the Iroquois have destroyed the Romans and Egyptians(I love Mounted Warriors :love: ). I just discovered the rest of the civs, thanks to a suicide galley. I am at par with the Germans, Aztecs, and Indians, and the Persians and Babylonians have a two tech lead(stupid scientific). Now that it is my favourite age, the Middle, I get to have fun. But I don't get Caravels for a long, long time, so I can't invade anyone without suicide galleys :cry:

Attachments

• iroq.jpg
    iroq.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 155
Originally posted by Strider

I normally get to researching steam power, then win by a conquest/domination victory. Not far enough into the industrial age's to really enjoy it.

What's your technique? Are you playing Sid or Diety? I'm lucky to be alive on those levels once the world has reached the industrial age.

I'll tell you his technique ;)

Trade alot. Science to the max whenever you can. Explore in the early stages. Expand as much as you can in the early stages, build your cities close together - so that they only get about 9 - 12 tiles each. Don't build useless improvements/wonders -- unless you get a leader. Get an army as soon as possble - which is earlier, as you don't bother building all the improvements. Barracks and temple are the only buildings you really need, although you don't have to build a temple. Maybe a marketplace in the larger cities.
War war war :)

As others have said, Cavalry is usually the one I would use to finish the AI off -- although I don't actually finish them, just enough to get a domination victory :)

Late industrial, when you have rail tracks everywhere and tanks get mass produced every two turns, and I find it pretty boring without taking 10 cities per turn :)

Top Bottom