What map would you recommend?

CreativeCaprine

Chieftain
Hi everyone. When I play C2C it's usually on the Large Earth Map(21 civs). The reasons for this are:
-It has 21 civilizations. I like it crowded.
-It is carefully coded so that animals appear in places they inhabit in real life.(North America has possums but no tapirs, despite having jungles in the southeast)
-It's not too large

Hoewer, it has a few downsides:
-There seems to be no space in this map, and I would like to try the space features.
-Southern Sweden does not exist. I can't think of anything designed so differently from real life but it's really glaring to me. Especially because that's where I live!

So basically I wonder if there are any alternatives. The size isn't that important. I can accept a larger map if it's easier to design it more realistic. But the animal placement and number of civilizations is a must to me. Space would also be a huge plus, of course.

There is Kation's space map.
It has Large sized earth too.

It has 7 civs so is faster too.
If you have SVN then its listed in Scenarios, otherwise you need to download from forums.
Also my no latitude/rescaled latitude (for Large Solar System map) work only on SVN due to new techs.

Is there a map where resources are distributed in a more "earthlike" fashion?
For example, the old world should have most domesticated animals and half of the plants while the new world the rest of the plants and very few domesticated animals.
Marsupials are isolated on a small continent and so on

For example, the old world should have most domesticated animals and half of the plants while the new world the rest of the plants and very few domesticated animals.
Not a map script, no, not with those specific parameters. There are maps with old world and new worlds and spawns by default are setup to mimic animals being native to regions but that's an overlay that's placed over any map and you can get an idea of where you would be on Earth by the kind of animals spawning in a given area. To some degree, this same overlay is used to control some bonus placements but not to the kind of degree you're talking about, more in regards to some of the animal resources and where they show up. For example, you're going to get kangaroo resources in the Australian region of the globe rather than Deer, which you'd see in other regions - both based on the same underlying placement result and just after-effect adjusted to match their regional counterparts within those regional zones.

That's as far as we are with this sort of thing at the moment. There ARE some great actual Earth maps made, not mapscripts but preset maps.

I tried to make my 2 Earth maps (standard+ and Large) as realistic as possible (pre-Columbian). Each has 3 starting options. If you try one and think changes are needed - just make a post. They are now included in C2C, no need to download seperately.

I am looking for a Earth-LIKE map, so a random map, like the perfect world script, with such resource distribution, I tried to make one via world editor, but the spawners for animals seem to persist (replaced kangaroos with rabbits but still got marsupial spawnning)

I particularly avoid Earth representations because of the scale issue (Greece having one city, etc)

So you have not tried Toffer90's C2C_World map? Perhaps you should if you don't mind random Civ placement. Of course if you are Only looking for a Historical recreation, like many Vanilla BtS players that come here for the 1st time want, then you'll need to look them all over and try them all out.

Top Bottom