• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

What nations should be included in the expansion pack of Civ5? (Correct poll)

What nations should be included in the first expansion pack of Civ5?

• Celts

Votes: 107 39.9%
  • Carthaginians

Votes: 113 42.2%
  • Spaniards

Votes: 196 73.1%
  • Dutch

Votes: 124 46.3%
  • Portuguese

Votes: 103 38.4%
  • Vikings (Scandinavians)

Votes: 177 66.0%
  • Byzantines

Votes: 102 38.1%
  • Zulus

Votes: 103 38.4%
  • Phoenicians

Votes: 78 29.1%
  • Incas

Votes: 154 57.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Niptium

Warlord
Since the options on the previously posted poll were wonky, not to say weird (Poland?), I'm inviting Civfanatics to express their opinion on the matter in a poll that has much more realistic options.

Final results : #1 : Spain, #2 : Vikings, #3 - Incas, #4 - Dutch

Just out of curiosity, why do you classify Poland as "wierd"?

Just out of curiosity, why do you classify Poland as "wierd"?

I have played every single Civ game since the 80's and nearly every civ he cites won't make it into the game : Moors, Austria, Belgium, Poland?

Yes I've settled on a list of 10 common civ that have made it into more than one game of Civ except the Phoenicians. I could have added the Mongols, but ten was already enough.

I have played every single Civ game since the 80's and nearly every civ he cites won't make it into the game : Moors, Austria, Belgium, Poland?

Yes I've settled on a list of 10 common civ that have made it into more than one game of Civ except the Phoenicians. I could have added the Mongols, but ten was already enough.

Agreed. Was merely curious. Poland as a mod would be fine.

Mongols deserve to be in there far more than the Zulus, and you probably could have stood to list another option in the stead of Phoenicia or Carthage, because, as stated before, you don't need both.

Carthage became autonomous from Phoenicia awhile before Phoenicia was overwhelmed by the Neo-Assyrians and decimated by Alexander. It would be a bit like saying "Americans" should not be in a game with England.

As I said in the other poll thread, the Amorite people would include Phoenecians, Canaanites, Arameans, Babylonians, Philistines, Hyksos, Judeans and Israelites (and several of lesser notoriety on all shores of the Red Sea). It's just different time periods and geo-political situations.

I think Poland would be an ok civ. I wouldn't champion it.

Mongols certainly should be in there somewhere.

why is there no "other" option on your poll? Did it ever occurred to you that we might want something else besides the garden variety?

I'm also wondering how you can claim that your poll is more "correct" than the other one. Isn't this an entirely subjective matter?

You people have a good point. If I could, I would change the Phoenicians option for Mongols.

I'm also wondering how you can claim that your poll is more "correct" than the other one. Isn't this an entirely subjective matter?

Well, it is entirely subjective yes. But the options I'm presenting are more of educated guess than the ones presented in the older post. Like I said, these options (except for Phoenicians) were not randomly put out, but these are civs that made it to more than one Civilization game in the past.

Every one of these Civs will be in the game sooner or later, except the Phoenicians, who are probably going to make it on day one as a city-state (most likely Tyre). I voted for all but Phoenicians, as I think they should just include every mandatory Civ in vanilla/first expansion and go for something unique in the second.

And for the record Austria was almost included in Civ 3 Conquests. They had their unit, leader and leader unit, so one could easily add them.

Oh yeah? I guess Maria Therese (or something like that) was their leader...What was their unique unit? And where can I find their data (leaderhead, leader unit, unique unit, etc)?

Their leader is Charles V. His face is used for Polish king in medieval scenario (including his unit) and French king in Age of Discovery. Their unit - the Hussar - is used in Napoleonic Wars. All files should be in whatever place those things are normally stored, (i.e. the standard folders, not those for scenarios), but I may be wrong on that.

Top Bottom