Votes: 57 46.7%
  • Dead Sea

Votes: 38 31.1%
  • Aso Caldera

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 12 9.8%

• Total voters
Oh damn it, I forgot to add the Aurora Borealis, is there anyway I can edit the poll? -_-

How would that be seen in-game?

For me: Everest (obvious), Matterhorn, Yellowstone, Niagara Falls, Grand Canyon and Other.

Other: Lake Titicaca

Isn't Yellowstone pretty well represented by Old Faithful? If you want to pull Old Faithful and replace it with the whole Park, that's fine. I wouldn't have both though.

Isn't Yellowstone pretty well represented by Old Faithful? If you want to pull Old Faithful and replace it with the whole Park, that's fine. I wouldn't have both though.

You're right. I confused Yellowstone for Yosemite (Falls) without thinking. Yellowstone is already in Civ V.

How would that be seen in-game?

For me: Everest (obvious), Matterhorn, Yellowstone, Niagara Falls, Grand Canyon and Other.

Other: Lake Titicaca

Simples, Have a Northern Lights/Aurora effect spawn over Tundra/Snow tiles near to the North and South Pole then give them a Science output.

Ah, my mistake :/

I think the Black Forest could be a cool cultural natural wonder, so I put other. Also, we need the Perito Moreno Glacier! An inland patch of ice that provides tourism and science.

Eyjafjallajokull anyone..?

Does it make other civ hate you because you stop their air travel? :D

I'd just like to see some variety. Some for example don't really need new graphic, only buttons. Or how would you distinguish the black forest? or the Amazon? Might not the various lake look very similar in-game (if you don't consider the ones with pink water). Also the waterfalls may be very similar. But I want them all, anyways!

I have already stated that, however it may be passed unnoticed.
I really would like to see a Lake Baikal as two-tile natural wonder.

The most voluminous, deepest and thought to be the world's oldest lake in the world and not an option? I'm upset.

All for the giants causeway, since the British Isle's don't have a natural wonder currently. (Not counting the rock of Gibraltar, which is part of the UK)

There could actually be two of it, like the great barrier reef. So that one on each side of an ocean tile.

Does it make other civ hate you because you stop their air travel? :D

I'd just like to see some variety. Some for example don't really need new graphic, only buttons. Or how would you distinguish the black forest? or the Amazon? Might not the various lake look very similar in-game (if you don't consider the ones with pink water). Also the waterfalls may be very similar. But I want them all, anyways!

The black forest could have a few little castles or houses in it, to show the fairytale-like history of it, and the Amazon could be just a more brightly colored patch of jungle with taller trees. I see forests as being quite do-able, as are most suggestions that I've see.

I mentioned the Great Lakes in the other thread shortly before this one started. They are very distinctive looking and Lake Superior is the largest fresh water lake in the world. If they can figure out the graphics issue of waterfalls I would love to see all of them.

I see Everest is leading the poll. Can somebody explain the appeal? It's a normal-looking mountain that's slightly taller than a bunch of other, similar mountains all around it. Most people would be hard-pressed to pick it out of a lineup, or to identify it among the other Himalayan peaks nearby. To me, there's nothing wonderful about it. It's just a statistic.

Besides, it'd never show up in a workable place in-game (it'd have to be surrounded by other mountains) and it couldn't possibly have a sensible tile yield anyway. It has no cultural, religious, or material value, and it's not even a tourist destination.

I see Everest is leading the poll. Can somebody explain the appeal? It's a normal-looking mountain that's slightly taller than a bunch of other, similar mountains all around it. Most people would be hard-pressed to pick it out of a lineup, or to identify it among the other Himalayan peaks nearby. To me, there's nothing wonderful about it. It's just a statistic.

Besides, it'd never show up in a workable place in-game (it'd have to be surrounded by other mountains) and it couldn't possibly have a sensible tile yield anyway. It has no cultural, religious, or material value, and it's not even a tourist destination.

Actually, people come to climb it.. thus.. tourism bonus.

Five times as many people visit the Louvre every day as have climbed Mount Everest in all of human history—or, for an apples-to-apples comparison, about the same number of people climb Mt. Fuji every week as have ever climbed Everest. It's not a significant tourist attraction.

More importantly, nobody even knew that there was anything special about it until the middle of the 19th century. Are our scouts in 3000 BC going to see a mountain and be like, "Aha! 4850 years from now, we're going to develop sophisticated instruments and figure out that this mountain is slightly taller than all these other mountains—better build a city here!"

Giants Causeway (pretty please)
Mt Everest
Nile Delta (as a Super Floodplain)
Lake Vostok
Aurora Borealis
Niagara Falls
Victoria Falls
Dead Sea
Grand Canyon

love to see Death Valley too

Top Bottom