Votes: 189 26.0%
  • Islam

Votes: 34 4.7%

• Total voters

Nuka-sama

See ya! It has been a fun decade!
What religion do you choose and why?

I usualy choose Christianity, because I cannot usualy found an early religion

I ussually end up getting Hinduism, although sometimes I get Christianity or Islam.

Whichever won I end up getting a shot at. Although I do like Hinduism because I like how the symbol looks.

I like Organized Religion early on, and its pretty hard gettins buddhism and hinduism, so I end up with Judaism.

I usually hit Judaism or Christianity, Judaism a bit more, I think, because I tend to focus on other parts of the tech tree early game.

If I am trying to get a religion as soon as possible after beginning the game, I try for Hinduism. Buddhism is too risky--AIs seems to get this quicker than I do most of the time.

If I wait to get a religion, I just try for what is still available since there is no advantage of one religion over another.

Agreed w/ cabert, Taoism. Get writing, build library, use a scientist for a GP and by the time he shows I can usually use him for philosophy. Spread religion, make money work toward liberalism. Besides, I like the symbol.

:agree:

But, I'm not too choicy. I'll take what I can get. LOL

I haev found a way to get what you want, but it does a few rounds. Right from the start, I grab Mysticism all the way through Priesthood. You can, almost guarantee that you will get more than one religion that way. So, it's all good and works rather well, as far as religious societies go. :)

Any, since they're all the same.

The point was, what is your religous goal. Is religion a top priorety, and you beeline for buddhism, hinduism, or judaism. Or is there other things you want to worry about like expansion and war, so you go for a late religion. Or do you just adopt your neighbors. It's all different strategies.

Nuclear kid said:
The point was, what is your religous goal. Is religion a top priorety, and you beeline for buddhism, hinduism, or judaism. Or is there other things you want to worry about like expansion and war, so you go for a late religion. Or do you just adopt your neighbors. It's all different strategies.

Cultural victory-try to get them all
Diplomatic victory-adopt the religion of influential civilizations
Other victory-any religion i can get, sometimes none

Christianity or Judaism, generally for the same reasons as above.

I usually found Confucianism. Not because I'm after it specifically, but because I've rushed to Code of Laws so I can build Courthouses, which are essential for managing maintenance costs in my far-flung empire.

Sisiutil said:
I usually found Confucianism. Not because I'm after it specifically, but because I've rushed to Code of Laws so I can build Courthouses, which are essential for managing maintenance costs in my far-flung empire.

The same for me for exactly the same reasons...

Top Bottom