What resources provide happiness?

Check the civpedia (Help button, upper right on the main screen). Click on the resources tab. It lists luxuries, food, and strategic resources & tells you what improvements you need to work them. Generally, food tiles - fish, cows, sheep, wheat, bananas, deer - are not luxuries, but give your city bonus food, production, or gold. So they're worth developing but don't add happiness. Likewise, strategic resources - horses, iron, coal, etc. - don't add happiness but are crucial for building certain units or buildings. They don't get revealed on the map until you research the appropriate tech, though.

gold, gems, silver, spices, incense, whales, pearls, furs, ivory, wine. I think that's it.

thnks all

i have a question someone said you dont have to build roads to connect your resources but the game just indicated i should build a road to connect resources.... is that the casse?

Don't build roads to resources. Build roads to connect cities (including City-States if they ask) to your capitol. Just build improvements instead (like plantations for bananas).

If a city has horses or elephants then it can build a circus, that gives two additional happiness.

Note to self: Never try to go from memory.

Top Bottom