What should we consider as exploits?

There is apparently some sort of training program now available for Rise and Fall. Use of this type program is obviously cheating and is not allowed. Just to be clear. :)

There is apparently some sort of training program now available for Rise and Fall. Use of this type program is obviously cheating and is not allowed. Just to be clear. :)
Training is not allowed? I get that mods are not ok, but training?

A training program allows the player to add gold, units, cities or just about anything else at the end of each turn. It is a cheat program really, but it's name is Training Program.

A training program allows the player to add gold, units, cities or just about anything else at the end of each turn. It is a cheat program really, but it's name is Training Program.
uNSPEAKABLY eVIL!!!!

Or firetuner, you can play with 1000 modern armour units and delete at any time, pretty much anything. I leave firetuner activated in the files as its annoying to turn off but I would never use it.
I do not really care about being on some board anyway so just ignore my placements, I just play for fun.
Its not really a training program, more a bug testing I guess.
upload_2018-2-12_22-56-47.png

Just don't use anything beyond the original files. Sometimes cheats come disguised as graphical or interface improvements and players may not even know that they have an advantage over others.

Is using Magnus + % Production policies such as Limes to Chop a wonder considered an exploit regarding the GotM?

Not yet. We are still exploring R&F to see what different things do in the game.

If you use him and those strategies, please include the effects in your After Action report and we can make a decision. Thanks.

Is using Magnus + % Production policies such as Limes to Chop a wonder considered an exploit regarding the GotM?

IMHO, I'd actually consider this a key strategy, not an exploit. Basically replaces Monarchy/Limes, but I could do that in every city. Now I have Magnus/Limes, but can only do it in one city at a time and takes 5 turns to move him.

Things like giving away cities to win a religious victory definitely are.

I also don't like the mechanic where one can trade a luxury for large amounts of gold and then declare war. I wish they would change trade so that per turn items could only be traded for per turn items. I try not to do this just because it annoys me it exists, but have attacked soon after one of these trades when I want gold and then a few turns later the AI pops out a roaming settler - to good to pass up.

I also don't like the mechanic where one can trade a luxury for large amounts of gold and then declare war. I wish they would change trade so that per turn items could only be traded for per turn items. I try not to do this just because it annoys me it exists, but have attacked soon after one of these trades when I want gold and then a few turns later the AI pops out a roaming settler - to good to pass up.

If lump sum gold trades are restricted to Friendship only, then that will fix that issue.

Apparently you can abuse Bannockburn by declaring Liberation wars and not actually liberating anything, just peace out after 10 turns and repeat for the rest of the game for double prod.
How about that?

Using a cheat program to get ahead on the leaderboard of an online game is just sad :sad:

When i realized that i said to myself ''whoa i hope it's not the case!''

Fortunately(or not):

quote:
originally posted by solomonteng
thanks alot this is amazing, btw is this cheat supported in multiplay ??? do i need to be the host to activate the cheat ?

(Response)Sorry, but....

Cheat Happens does not support or condone the use of trainers in an online or multiplayer environment. None of the trainers on this website are designed to be used online or in multiplayer modes.

Link

But what does it really mean? Can we really do that? or not?

Question: Is it a mod? If yes, impossible to use in mp against other human players. DLC? maybe.

Usually every players must have same stuff excepted DLC to run a game.

Last edited:
This post about exploiting free cities over in General Discussions should be considered as an exploit for gotm games.

Currently on my way to win a cultural victory on Deity in a non-gotm game. I just wanted to do a fair 1-for-1 great work exchange in order to get a themed bonus and yet the AI is willing to add ALL of his bonus luxuries, ALL of his cash, and ALL of his gpt to the exchange. That's crazy value, I did two of these exhanges for a total of 6k cash + 1300gpt. Does anyone know if this is an exploitable bug or Deity AI "working as intended"? Also, are these trades allowed in gotm?

EDIT: Oh and I was actually denounced by one of these AI so it's not a matter of them liking be/being friends.

Last edited:
Currently on my way to win a cultural victory on Deity in a non-gotm game. I just wanted to do a fair 1-for-1 great work exchange in order to get a themed bonus and yet the AI is willing to add ALL of his bonus luxuries, ALL of his cash, and ALL of his gpt to the exchange. That's crazy value, I did two of these exhanges for a total of 6k cash + 1300gpt. Does anyone know if this is an exploitable bug or Deity AI "working as intended"? Also, are these trades allowed in gotm?

EDIT: Oh and I was actually denounced by one of these AI so it's not a matter of them liking be/being friends.
I'm wondering this as well.
Feels like an exploit to me, but it's one where it would become difficult to establish a ruling on because all trading would come into question.

Nah, you can trade a great book for thousands and hundreds per turn regularly...in all difficulty levels.

While it is true that the AI`s pay a lot for great works, they will always pay everything they have if the piece of great work you want to trade has been generated in the exact same turn you are trading it, which is a bug obviously.

While it is true that the AI`s pay a lot for great works, they will always pay everything they have if the piece of great work you want to trade has been generated in the exact same turn you are trading it, which is a bug obviously.
That’s what I meant to ask, tx.

Top Bottom