What system are you running C3C on?

YoungEagle

Chieftain
Sorry if this has been asked before, search is disabled...

I currently run C3C on a PIII 700MHz with 256 MB of Ram. I was thinking of buying a cheaper laptop, Celeron 2.0 GHz with 256 MB of Ram... will Conquests run ok on a Celeron?

What are your system specs?

I have a 1.6 ghz, 196 Ram Windows 98, sadly that computer cashed:( and now I am runing on a 400MHz 64 ram and Windows 98 so I am sure your computer will work;)

I don't think you should worry about that. The system specs for Civ3 (as is custom for the series) are very low compared to most games out there.
And like Shabba said, if it runs on 450 mhz, any 2 gig will be more than fast enough imhso.
Btw: I run on a 1.7 ghz p4, 256 RAM shared with graphics. Soundcard on the motherboard and W2K. Did you say cheaper laptop? :p

I'm running it on a 3.4 GHz P4 with WinXP Pro. I have logged countless hours with PTW and vanilla Civ3 on that machine without any problem; they have never cracked on me, not even one. However, I can't say the same for C3C.:(

Now a 1.7GHz P-4, 256MB, XP Pro, 16MB AGP graphics card, runs great even at 1280x1024 24-bit color. Also ran it on a 900MHz P-3 256MB laptop with a crappy video card, ran great there too. For what the game does (i.e. high amount of AI decisionmaking-type processing) I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised by how well it does on older Pentium 2/3 and Celeron systems.

Athlon XP2200+
512mb DDR RAM
GF4 Ti 4400
SB Audigy 2
Win XP Home

For the most part Civ3 and all other games run fairly well on my system. But come the releases of Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 I will definately be doing an upgrade. Afterall, my PC isn't exactly top-of-the-line anymore.

Celeron 2.4GHz-256 DDR RAM-Ge Force Mx440 and runs fine to me also (at least until now).
Actually before i had a PIII 800 GHz and some troobleshoting were occured (had also posted a thread) but no more...
Truth is that the Game requests are realy low,and that is good.

P4 2.42 Ghz
80Gb Hard drive
1024 Mb RAM
256 Mb Radeon 9600 graphics card
Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card
Xp Home

Everything i've tried on it runs smoothly, even with all the settings turned right up! :)

Saying this, I still avoid large maps in Civilisation. Not really cause of the load times though...

P4 1.3GHz, 384MB RAM, Xp Home, crappy "integrated" (not AGP) graphics.

1.6 Gig
512 Ram
64 meg GForce 4 graphics card.

Seems to run fine.

AMD Athlon XP1800+
768 Mb (256 just aint enough!!!)
GeFroce 4 64 Mb Video Card
XP Home Edition.

Works like a dream, except for not being able to properly get out of MP games with Ctrl-Atl-Deleting . . .

AthlonXP @ 2.35ghz
512mb RAM
Radeon 9500 Pro 128mb
WinXP SP1

Runs great, has never crashed. ('cept a few times on the F3 screen :mad: )

I am running civ on my AMD 900MHz, 512RAM, 32mb video, XP powered machine. While it may have been fast a few years ago, after seeing the specs on some of your machines I feel like I've brought a knife to a gunfight. Time to upgrade.

Pentium 3 Celeron (I think it was a Celeron) 667 mhz, 384 megs RAM. It runs ok on that system (huge and gigamaps tend to drain it though).

I'm planning to get a P4, 3.08ghz, 1gig RAM system soon. :)

But, I have played on other systems. (however, an NDA from when I was testing prevents me from saying what type of systems... ;))

I have and play C3C on all of these various machines... No problems with any of them aside from a longer turn processing time on the lower end systems. I do however need to admit that I play huge maps with the maximum number of tribes. So that can and will slow most machines in the mid to later part of a game.

Runs just fine on these machines...

500 Mhz, 192mb mem (66Mhz), 64mb GeForce 2
700 Mhz, 384mb mem (100Mhz), 128mb GeForce 2
800 Mhz, 384mb mem (100Mhz) Laptop (Intel extreme graphics)
1.8 Ghz, 512mb mem (266mhz), 128mb GeForce 3
3.06 Ghz, 512mb mem (400mhz), 128 Mb GeForce 4, HT

As you can see there is a laptop in there and it is the one I play C3C on when I am out and about or around the house away from my main LAN. No problems running with all the features... so your 2.0Ghz celeron should be just fine!
:scan:

PIII, 600MHn, 128MB RAM. I noticed that it takes about a minute for the AI to make its moves near the end of the Fall of Rome scenario.

Top Bottom