what to do against Poland?

brewgod

Prince
Hello Civ Fans,

I am currently in a late game year 2025 and the Casmir of Poland has 46 votes in the U.N. I thought after 44 you basically won with diplomacy. He was the leader for the longest time until I declared war and finally took his capitol which had like 7 World Wonders. I became the leader.

I have taken out 3 more of his cities but it's tough. Playing on Prince level. playing on small continents. He is also far away from my civ playing Egypt. But taking Warsaw I have an airport so I can transport tanks.

He has 10 plus more cities. Time is against me in regards to a diplomacy victory. I don't have enough money to bribe other city states to get his votes down.

The only option I have is to make peace when I can and build up my military and continue to take out all his cities. There are still 4 - 5 other civs which are much lower in points. Zulu is one btw.

If you guys were up against the clock in turns which you will lose by a diplomacy defeat and your best option is to take out Poland what would you guys do.

City States have not been Embargoed but for one reason or not can't trade with them. I have 9 cargo ships.

I think best is to build up my Army the best I can and continue to take Poland out. Plus hope to beat the clock until I face a Diplomacy Defeat. I currently have 10-12 votes. I have 5 spies all in CS to rig elections.

Thoughts? Advice?

Brew God

Take out enough allied City-States to at least bring him below the Diplomatic Victory threshold. Since you already took Warsaw, I wouldn't bother trying to take out Poland - just use the war to drain his resources. Do not declare peace until you have taken out enough CS to make DV either impossible and/or have crippled his economy enough that he can't buy a DV anymore.

Use some of the spies to run coups where the percentage chance of success is high.
In fact, since you have 5 of them stationed now he is somewhat over the threshold of victory, just use 50%+ this turn and if you lose a spy or two for a few turns, so be it.

In your next game, focus much more on science. It's rare for a game to reach the 21st century.

Top Bottom