What to do with a city revolt?

tigerden27

Warlord
I played last night for the first time (seems pretty obvious). And during the late game one of the border cities of the AI revolted. Basically it looked like the city square itself was the only square the AI controlled and the surrounding couple of squares were part of my culture.

When this happens what am I supposed to do?

I didn't want want to go to war over this one city. But a couple turns later the AI had the culture back to where it was previously.

Don't let it happen in the first place by boosting the culture and choosing your relgion wisely. If it has happened, and you want it back, go to war or culture flip it back.

It's the other way around. The AI civ is revolting, not mine.

Nope, not in Norman.

Most would say not normal either. :p

The city didn't revolt. What happened is your city had so much more culture than the AI's city that the borders pushed their territory back, even taking their first ring tiles away. The AI must have then gotten some more culture in that city and pushed the borders back again. There's nothing you really need to do, but building a lot of culture in your border cities will help push back the AI's borders and possibly cause their cities to switch to your civ.

tigerden27 said:
I played last night for the first time (seems pretty obvious). And during the late game one of the border cities of the AI revolted. Basically it looked like the city square itself was the only square the AI controlled and the surrounding couple of squares were part of my culture.

When this happens what am I supposed to do?

Just go on boosting your own culture (nearby cities) and eventually you well get the city without the need to go to war.

Try asking the AI for the city. Read in a preview a while back that cities getting crushed under a much bigger culture don't flip, but get so unhappy it's beneficial to their mother civilization to gift them to the player.

Uusally when an AI city near your borders go to 1 tile cutlure only it usually means there is a revolt in their city. You usually have a message stating it, can see some riots and check the AI units inside the city are usually damaged putting down the revolt. After 2-3 such revolts the AI will usually just handle the city to you.

azurefx said:
Read in a preview a while back that cities getting crushed under a much bigger culture don't flip, ....

Cities flip ! Happened to me last night.

Top Bottom