What was the first video game you ever played?

circular_slide_rule.jpg

Downing a couple of bottles of red cordial with the cool gang, and spinning one of these bad boys.
Good tymes, good tymes.

Just googled the odyssey, and looked nothing like I remember (and the original odyssey had no sound, and I specifically remember the robotic voices), until I found a pic of Odyssey 2, and that was definitely the one my friend had.

Colecovision controllers were something else. HUGE number pad that was only used (if at all) when first starting the game to select the level.

Reactions: HEF
The first PC game I ever played was the original Civilization (it was actually the CivNet version that came bundled with my first PC). I remember being completely clueless and doing stuff like founding cities on adjacent tiles (possible in that version) because I didn't really get how tile yields and city radii worked at the time.

Actually, my first computer game was probably hangman for the Tandy 1000, but that probably doesn't count as a game so whatever.

Last edited:
How about the folks that had those screens so they could watch TV “in color”? :lol:

Hey, why is Phil Silvers’ head green?
The vinyl sheet easily peeled off after the show is over.

there was an interactive T.V. how when i was a kid but i can't remember the name of it. It was the early 90s and some sci-fi show......

Colecovision controllers were something else. HUGE number pad that was only used (if at all) when first starting the game to select the level.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Almost as clunky as the Intellivision controller.

Top Bottom