What We Know About Brave New World

What..? Didn't Arabia have something with religious spread? Has that been removed and the old one taken back?

Is Heathen Conversion a new religious founder or follower? Just thought there was this new pantheon belief as the only new religious change except from the reformation social policy. Or is it a reformation thing?

As far as I know reformation gives you a new religious belief slot just like Byzantium. But does Byzantium still have that one extra even if they pick reformation?

This might be totally wrong, but playing as Byzantium you can choose to get:
- Pantheon
- Founder
- Follower 1
- Follower 2
- Founder 2 (or whatever it is called)
- Byzantium special bonus ability
- Reformation belief: Here they can choose the one that gives you a competitors pantheon
- Pantheon belief of your competitor

So in total they could technically have 8 religious benefits as the only civ, though the reformation belief only being used to open that extra pantheon belief - am I wrong here? Maybe someone can confirm this...

Heathen Conversion (missionary converts nearby barbs) is a Reformation belief.

There is no Reformation Belief that allows you to pick a second pantheon. Religious Tolerance is a Piety policy that allows cities with a majority religion to enjoy the benefits of the pantheon belief of the second most popular religion in that city. It does not provide the benefits of that pantheon in other cities (unless that same religion is second most popular in that city as well).

And in case anyone is curious, Byzantium's Bonus Belief is limited to Pantheon, Founder, Follower and Enhancer (not Founder 2 :grin:) beliefs. She cannot take an early Reformation belief.

hello everyone

With the release of BNW, I am going to make one last update to the OP before closing this thread. If there is any information missing now is the time to post it. I will do the last update this weekend (to give those not in NA a chance to add anything they find)

In addition to the new Tears of God pantheon, a couple of Founder, Follower and Enhancer beliefs also changed:

Founder changes - Ceremonial Burial is now 0.5 happiness per city (since happiness is integer, it rounds down, so Civilopedia describes it as 1 happy per 2 cities) and Peace Loving is now 1 happiness per 8 followers in non-enemy foreign cities

Follower changes - Cathedrals are now 1 faith, 1 culture, 1 happiness and 1 Great Works of Art slot and Religious Art now has Hermitage giving 5 culture and 5 tourism

Enhancer change - Religious Texts now increases pressure 25% (50% with Printing Press)

In the Scramble for Africa scenario, you can't build walls or castles, at least as the African civs. That makes the deity victory achievement with the Boers impossible, because as soon as war is declared, you will lose your cities. It's near impossible for the Ottoman deity victory for the same reason. The only reason the ottomans even have a chance is with buying units, but still expect to lose your western city and capital within the first few turns of the war.

In the base game, raging barbarians seem to spawn more often than they did in G&K.

In the Scramble for Africa scenario, you can't build walls or castles, at least as the African civs. That makes the deity victory achievement with the Boers impossible, because as soon as war is declared, you will lose your cities. It's near impossible for the Ottoman deity victory for the same reason. The only reason the ottomans even have a chance is with buying units, but still expect to lose your western city and capital within the first few turns of the war.

In the base game, raging barbarians seem to spawn more often than they did in G&K.

Not just that, but the Zulus have the extremely short end of the stick, as they have the softest cities (and especially without walls or castles that can be built).

Spoiler Conclusion of MadDjinn's Let's Play of the Zulus in the Scramble for Africa scenario on Deity difficulty :
He lost, which never happened before in any of his extremely long list of Deity-level Let's Plays.

I don't think this has been noted before; the effect of having the "Dominant" tourism rating over another civ is that your influence over them is permanently at that level; it won't ever drop and it won't go up. Even once you have the "Influential" level, the tourism can still theoretically fall below that level if the other civ builds up more culture, but that's not an issue if you achieve dominance.

There's an error in the OP (having been there for a very long time now)

"City-state Trading Ban; city-state X is banned having trading routes with anyone else"

There is no such resolution in the game, this has been known for ages. There is the Embargo City-States resolution which prevents trading with all City-States, presumably to force the big civs to trade with each other for mutual benefit.

Zoo is not listed in the Manual as a new building

Did they change their minds and Theatre remains in the game?
Or Zoo really is replacing Theatre, and it's only a mistake on behalf of the Manual makers?

The zoo is definitely in the game.

I have not seen the theatre at all.

Zoo is not listed in the Manual as a new building

Did they change their minds and Theatre remains in the game?
Or Zoo really is replacing Theatre, and it's only a mistake on behalf of the Manual makers?

Zoo and stadium only provide +2 happiness? Instead of +3 and +4 in GaK

Hey everyone, I guess this is the place to ask questions? Sorry if not. Playing BNW, in the beginning when you found your second city and you get your first trade route, I do not have an option to trade with my second city. I.E. send it food or production. Is there a general requirement to be met before you can trade with your other cities? Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone, I guess this is the place to ask questions? Sorry if not. Playing BNW, in the beginning when you found your second city and you get your first trade route, I do not have an option to trade with my second city. I.E. send it food or production. Is there a general requirement to be met before you can trade with your other cities? Thanks in advance!

Sorry, but this is the LAST place to put in a question. It is a list of known knowledge on the BNW expansion and for no other use.

For a query, you need to create a new post in the main list.;)

And welcome to the forum.

The AI will pay 5 GPT for luxuries without a DoF. With a DoF, they'll either pay the 240 lump sum we're used to or 5 GPT and 25 lump sum. They'll ask for 8 GPT to buy their luxuries. Of course they'll still trade luxury for luxury. They'll also trade 5 strategics for a luxury or a luxury for 5 strategics.

Assyria
- Unique Building - Royal Library; Library replacement; +1 Science for every citizen; extra XP to combat units if their masterpiece slot is filled.

This is incorrect according to the manual.
ROYAL LIBRARY
Effects:
This Ancient-Era Assyrian unique building replaces the Library. Slot for Great Work of Literature which, when filled, gives extra XP to trained units. Provides +1 Science for every two citizens in the city.

A correction and some additional info on the Chateau:
CHATEAU
Yields:
+2 Culture, +1 Gold
Can be Built On:
Grassland, Plains, Desert, Tundra, Snow. Can only be built adjacent to
a Luxury resource and never adjacent to another Chateau.
Effects:
This is a Medieval-Era French unique improvement. Gains +1 culture and +2
gold upon researching Flight, as well as the +50% defense bonus on the improved tile.

Brazil UU name has been changed to Pracinha (why couldn't they give Venice the same treatment?), and it's an infantry replacement.
Unique Unit:
Pracinha (Replaces Infantry)

Try this thread. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=12590013#post12590013 I will answer your question there :)

Testing with the Shoshone Pathfinder I learned:
1. A choice previously taken from the list does reappear after 3 ruins.
2. Faith only appears on the list after turn 20 on all speeds.
3. If the first faith you took was before you had a pantheon, you can take the prophet faith with the very next ruin, but only if it's the following turn (or later) and you were able to pick a pantheon.

Top Bottom