What will be the remaining civs in Brave New World?

What will be the remaining civs in Brave New World?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AbsintheRed

Deity
About the poll:
Note that this thread/poll is about what do you think will actually be a civ of BNW.
So not about your hopes, not about the civs you would like to see. About chances, and your thoughts about what civs will be in for sure.
As we already know Poland and Assyria are in, please only vote for maximum 7 options!!
If other civs are confirmed, obviously those are out (or rather in :mischief:), and you should vote for even less civs.

In CFC there can only be 25 options in a poll, and it's not easy to select. In the end I had to make some categories (options with more possible civs)
I tried to choose the categories in a way, that there is no chance for more than 1 civ in BNW from a given category

Civ guessing game:
To make this more fun, I decided to make a game from it:
In the end we will have a winner(s) with the most good guesses ;)
Whenever a civ is confirmed, all voters for that civ/category get a point
Further votes for that civ (or category) won't count of course
If you vote for more than 7 options, you are out of the game!!

PS: Civs under grouped options are just examples, there is an etc in the end of all lines (apart from the first native american category, which is special)
Those options doesn't only mean the listed civs, but all possible civs from the given area/continent...
PS2: South Africa is the only African civ which counts as a "colonial civ", all the others go under the "A different African civ" option

Better include darkhorses and civs actually relevant/relevant guesses. (That includes darkhorses like Benin, Swahili, Zimbabwe, Papal States, Belgium, Anasazi [Title of the classic book fits with this expansion ie], Cherokee, Italy, Venice, Morocco, Berbers, and Mali.

All of which are legitimate dark horses that shouldn't be excluded

Better include darkhorses and civs actually relevant/relevant guesses. (That includes darkhorses like Benin, Swahili, Zimbabwe, Papal States, Belgium, Anasazi [Title of the classic book fits with this expansion ie], Cherokee, Italy, Venice, Morocco, Berbers, and Mali.

All of which are legitimate dark horses that shouldn't be excluded

Don't forget Poland Vietnam! :p

Yup Vietnam too is a darkhorse (Just wanted to list some that might otherwise be forgotten that were relatively relevant to info we know already, which means Africa, certain in Europe, and the Anasazi who are basically the heroes of the H.G. Well's classic "Brave New World" in a dystopian world controlled by a world government/congress)

And he did it again... He just grouped every African civ together and every Native American [And for example where are the Anasazi supposed to go? A very well known civ but not listed in the first nor 2nd bracket] civ together while including civs with next to no chance (Armenia IE)

South-Africa is the only African civ/nation which is under colonial civs
Otherwise everything should be pretty self-explanatory

EDIT: Oh cr*p, I forgot Venice in other European civs as well
Will PM a moderator ASAP to change it, obviously it's under the Italy option

And he did it again... He just grouped every African civ together and every Native American [And for example where are the Anasazi supposed to go? A very well known civ but not listed in the first nor 2nd bracket] civ together while including civs with next to no chance (Armenia IE)

He had to, since there's a limit of 25 options

Really? :rolleyes:
You are not being fair...
These are rather subjective things, but I think I choose the best coverage possible
(also note that I don't see your posts while I'm putting the vote together. The opening post already appears while I'm still working on that)

Also, there is no chance for more than one native american civ in the expansion, I'm not sure why are you so upset
I tried to do my best with separating the ones with more chance because they are more well-known, more tied to the USA
All the other native american civs are somewhat dark horses, as they are not known or popular enough
Still, I gave them a separate option

PS: Anasazi are very close to the Pueblo people (ancient Pueblos), so I even mentioned them :p

PS2: Armenia, Khazars and Nubia might be a stretch
But those civs are fairly popular,, being mentioned every now and then in all threads
Also, all 3 civs are very unique (not similar to any of their neighbours in most things, especially Armenia and the Khazars), with absolutely interesting history
Totally deserving to be included, and would be fun to play

Apologies for that then. Perhaps I am being overly critical, just feel the list could have been done better [Especially considering some of the choices here almost no one has mentioned. I think you are the first person to mention Armenia IE in Brave New World. Only seen a single other person predicting Hungary for another example]

Edit: And I see you mentioned the Pueblo in the 2nd tier. I feel its a bit too low - considering you put the Navajo in the first tier, but oh well.

Question - You have Venice twice

Once in the Italy option and another in the "Other European option". When you say "Italy in some form" could you clarify a bit, before I vote?

My bets:

1. Poland (Confirmed)
2. Assyria (All but confirmed)
3. Kongo
4. Zulu
5. Some North American plains civ, probably the Lakota
6. Some SE Asian civ, probably Majapahit/Indonesia
7. Portugal
8. Indeterminate European civ (Belgium or Venice spring to mind, given the context)
9. Indeterminate left-field non-European civ (Probably another Asian civ, if I had to guess more details)

Note that this is far from what I'd want, but it's what I'd expect.

Apologies for that then. Perhaps I am being overly critical, just feel the list could have been done better [Especially considering some of the choices here almost no one has mentioned. I think you are the first person to mention Armenia IE in Brave New World. Only seen a single other person predicting Hungary for another example]
Really?
Hungary is one of the most popular choices from Europe
I see them popping up after every few posts, and I think there is not a single civ thread without at least someone mentioning them

Edit: And I see you mentioned the Pueblo in the 2nd tier. I feel its a bit too low - considering you put the Navajo in the first tier, but oh well.

Yeah, I had to separate american native civs somehow
In the end I found this option the best
The first category is a couple more likely native civs, but only a couple of them grouped in this option
The second is all the rest... all of them are somewhat black horses, but as they are so many of them, and so many of them are really interesting and unqiue cultures, that option also has a viable chance

Question - You have Venice twice

Once in the Italy option and another in the "Other European option". When you say "Italy in some form" could you clarify a bit, before I vote?

Yeah, the Venice under Other European civs is a mistake. Forgot to remove it
Italy, all forms of it, is a single option
Already mentioned this a couple posts above

Not to really continue it, but yea I haven't seen almost anyone predict Hungary in Brave New World on this forum. I may not remember all 965 posts from the "9 new civs thread" but I can only distinctly remember one (outside of possibly your support). And on the German forums haven't seen a single "Hungary"... but I digress going off topic.

I disagree on a few of the more "likely civs" in the tiers, which is why I might be rankled. IE it would be an absolute shock if the Navajo made it. The Pueblo/Anasazi are relatively similar. I don't know, I just liked stonecutter's polling better - so perhaps I am a bit spoiled on that front

I'll be honest, I've never seen many of these discussed before.

That being said, I don't think the poll particularly matters, it's what gets brought up in discussion that's more important.

Ohh, you have Nubia on the list! Although I will restrain myself from voting due to the rules. I think Zulu is significantly more likely with being a common one listed on these polls (and the devs do indeed see some of these polls). And Kongo is also more likely. I don't see Nubia overtaking those two, but I can hope.

Note that this is far from what I'd want, but it's what I'd expect.

Yep, this thread and poll is all about expectations
Don't forget that you have max 7 votes, if you want to participate in the game

Sure, I'll play.

I assume Assyria will be included, so my 7 are:

1. Portugal
2. Kongo
3. The Sioux
4. Brazil
5. The Zulu
6. Majapahit/Srivijaya
7. Belgium

Nothing too outlandish here. I'd be a little surprised if my final choice made it in, but who knows. For fun I'll say that if they don't get in, we'll get Israel/Hebrews/Judea, probably in a more ancient incarnation.

Eh, I voted for some, but I'd have picked a few options a bit differently.

I'm also willing to bet that, if we ever see Majapahit/Indonesia done, it'll be this time around, as the trade mechanics seem like they'd make it a good pick. That being said, even if they don't specifically choose Indonesia, I'd be willing to call a South/Southeast Asian civ joining the ranks.

EDIT:
While we're at it, I don't think that Tibet or Israel will get in, because - rightly or wrongly, I'm not even going to get into that part here - they are controversial.

Hungary whats this doing here??? Isnt just Huns and Poland?

You are missing some options I thinks

Top Bottom