• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

What would you do?

ArnoldI

I have no idea what I'm doing in Civ VI
I started a Fractal, Emperor game with the Maya and decided to go wide. Had Ramesses II to the north and England to the west. With three cities I saw that Egypt would attack me, so I prepared and attacked first.

Puppeteed Menphis, razed their 3rd city and captured Thebes, wiping them out. As expected Elizabeth declared war on me. She got Chichen Itza and I conquered it back. After, I threw an attack to Nottingham, conquering it and forcing to a equal peace treaty.

Now I am researching Machinery and thinking of what to do. I have two mainly options:

1: Beeline to Astronomy to find commercial partners and grow my empire before attacking a well-deffended London

2: Get Machinery, Physics and Steel to launch a huge attack and wipe her out, as no other civ must know about this.

As I have lots of spare luxuries, some low happiness and a coastal York, my fist option is the first. What would you do?

If you are going to wipe her out do it before anyone finds out. If you go exploring then you probably need to live with an angry England unless you don't care about the diplo hit

I'd wipe her out if I can

Sit tight.

I forget about G&K, but at least in BNW if the other civs don't see it, it doesn't matter. England won't be a threat, and the worst they can do is denounce you.

Also, I'm not sure about Englands tech situation, but naval civs obviously tend to find other civs quicker. I once had Dandolo found world congress and introduce me to 4 civs 1 turn before I was about to take venice, and I got hit hard.

About the technology she isn't big deal. About 5 turns ago the game showed the most literate civs. I have 5 techs more than her, who is the most illiterate commander in the world.

As I can see lots of forest surrounding the capital she really doesn't seem to be a treat. As soon as possible I'll post a screenshot.

Kill her now rather than later. If she gets machinery, she is going to be a real pain. Longbows are among the best units in the game.

idk about your experiences, but i have found that after meeting all civs, i generally have "2 free wars" to start before an AI registers a Warmonger penalty. and, from what it seems to me, only certain AI's seem to be extra-sensitive to Warmonger, such as Arabia. taking an enemy capitol with other AI knowledge increases this effect? generally when i take my second enemy capitol, all AI's will switch to Guarded and denounce.

all i'm saying here is that there may be some leeway here for you to explore and use your lux and get better ready for a final war, if there would be some Warmongering cushion for this.

possibly you could also park a couple naval units off of Her coastals to keep them isolated.

ultimately though, since it's England and she might gain those Longbows, your time is limited for an easy conquest.

Checking the map again I conclude that she has three cities, but one seems to out of the map. I have no naval units, so I want just to conquer her capital and just leave her in poverty. I have no sight of her troops, but do you think I can win this war?

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2013-09-13 às 19.15.10.jpg
    Captura de Tela 2013-09-13 às 19.15.10.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 86
Got to make half of each options:

1: captured her capital and got 200 gold with the peace treaty, but with a great happiness cost (8 unhappiness).

2: got a Great Admiral (Long Count, how did I forget it?) and found Arabia (and I thought that I was wide).

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2013-09-13 às 20.24.04.jpg
    Captura de Tela 2013-09-13 às 20.24.04.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Captura de Tela 2013-09-13 às 20.24.20.png
    Captura de Tela 2013-09-13 às 20.24.20.png
    142.4 KB · Views: 56
Top Bottom