Whatever happened to the Fountain of Youth?

LoneDragon

Warlord
I found it for the first time soon after it came out and it came up rather frequently thereafter for a while. Now I'm seeing Kilimanjaro practically every other game but I haven't found the fountain in like 2 years.

Fountain of Youth has the lowest chance of spawning of all the natural wonders in Civ V.

I saw it only once while I played almost 1000 hours CIV. However, not so sure it was because I didn't get all the DLC until recently. Through other forum I saw the chance of seeing the fountain is 1/10 of seeing common NW like old faithful.

I saw Mt Kilimanjaro often. Also I heard (not confirmed) that Mt Kilimanjaro and Mt Fuji only appear on the secondary continent. So for some maps you could hardly see them.

As has been already pointed out, it has a much, much lower chance to appear than other natural wonders (IIRC less than 1%.) Personally I run a few mods that modify natural wonders, and that increases the chance of seeing FOY, since although it's arguably an overpowered wonder it's also interesting and fun for gameplay purposes.

On the Estuary map, from Workshop; there is the Fountain of Youth, you'll need damn good luck, and conquest is required to find it .

Top Bottom