what's reason for this? criminal in city is discovered several times already and still can't be arrested by law enforce unit?

tramwajg

Warlord
as in picture and title, got this notification like 5 times already and still can't arrest?

Attachments

• 1678357116920.png
    1678357116920.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 83
Upload save - looks like bug
here's the closest save that I was able to find, it's around 10 turns later:) exile criminal is still in Rome city

Attachments

• Admin15 April 18, BC-11517.CivBeyondSwordSave
    7.4 MB · Views: 14
as in picture and title, got this notification like 5 times already and still can't arrest?
It's quite probable that the criminal was investigated during the end turn sequence and had time to realize it and leave. This is a sign of an AI criminal rather than a barbarian homegrown one that is too entrenched in his life to realize he needs to immediately leave to clean up his identity and return as if he's someone new or simply find a new place to operate. A criminal can wipe the wanted status (warrants for arrest so to speak) by finding a round out of visible sight entirely of the player that investigated him and the AI ones will immediately react and attempt to get out of town, cross borders, and disappear for a bit. Sometimes they can even commit a crime in the process just to be auto-sent back to their town of origin upon successful completion - but that's a risk because if they get discovered, that spends their turn and they get stuck there to be arrested.

Oh, also, on Hide and Seek, you can have criminals be good enough to stay hidden even if you have investigated them - if they don't clear up their status, they can be investigated multiple times and gain additional levels of visibility inflicted upon them so that eventually they can no longer stay 'location unknown' in the city. Sometimes it takes more than once to get them fully visible.

Do you have several LE on Inspection( ie Investigating) Instead of Crime Fighting? Takes having 4 or more LE with 1 set focused on Crime Fighting. And another set focuded on Inspection.

Do you have several LE on Inspection( ie Investigating) Instead of Crime Fighting? Takes having 4 or more LE with 1 set focused on Crime Fighting. And another set focuded on Inspection.
thanks, it might have been solution to make inspection build up, after 2000 turns finally can eliminate him:D I have next question though, how kill animal unit that is in same plot as city built? currently it seems like it stays forever if I didn't kill it before creating city (for example if it was invisible)

1678990465817.png

I have next question though, how kill animal unit that is in same plot as city built? currently it seems like it stays forever if I didn't kill it before creating city (for example if it was invisible)
There is oversight - you need some game option ON so you can kill animals in city.

thanks, it might have been solution to make inspection build up, after 2000 turns finally can eliminate him:D I have next question though, how kill animal unit that is in same plot as city built? currently it seems like it stays forever if I didn't kill it before creating city (for example if it was invisible)

View attachment 656891

There is oversight - you need some game option ON so you can kill animals in city.
'Without Warning' - the ability for hunters to use the assassination mission in a city to go after animals in central park should be available there. Geese should be wary.

v43 latest patch

Ther is 12 enemy assasins in my city
18 patrol units and all with investigation build up for ages
also a lot of military units and 2 wardogs

No metter how hard i try i cant even rid even one assasin
I consider it seroius bug

My opinions
1 every military unit should reduce crime by 1 or 2 (it is not easy to comit crime when there is a lot of military on the streets)
2 every more than one criminal should be less effective than previous one (now you can stuck more crimicals than city population !)
3 every extra criminal should increase probability to get aressted
4 dogs line units should increase probability to arrest criminal (ot os annoying that you see criminals in town and there is nothing you can do)

@Thunderbrd i think this is your area -please consider it it spoils gameplay a lot

You Must have some LE on Crime fighting, Not All on Inspections. I use a 2 to 1 ratio; 2 Crimefighters for every I on Inspections.

v43 latest patch

Ther is 12 enemy assasins in my city
18 patrol units and all with investigation build up for ages
also a lot of military units and 2 wardogs

No metter how hard i try i cant even rid even one assasin
I consider it seroius bug

My opinions
1 every military unit should reduce crime by 1 or 2 (it is not easy to comit crime when there is a lot of military on the streets)
2 every more than one criminal should be less effective than previous one (now you can stuck more crimicals than city population !)
3 every extra criminal should increase probability to get aressted
4 dogs line units should increase probability to arrest criminal (ot os annoying that you see criminals in town and there is nothing you can do)

@Thunderbrd i think this is your area -please consider it it spoils gameplay a lot
City spawning criminals has a limit but they do help each other by overwhelming the city in crime making it tough to uproot them. As Joseph said, focus your investigation on one lead investigator then hit directly at the crime level as much as you can, and train a strong arresting unit that can go in to make the arrests (combat) when you get a 'wanted' criminal you can see in the city. You have a chicago era crisis right now that's fully intended to face now and then but it can be overcome. Understand that every investigation value coming in from units past the first and best investigator are only giving 10% of their investigation totals to the chance to investigate every round and the more crime there is, the more autobuildings are emerging to create added insidiousness (places for criminals to hide and blend in), so if you can reduce the actual crime levels as a priority, it's far more effective than trying to overwhelm with a lot of investigation from many sources. AKA, there's a reason there's only a few investigators and lots of patrol cops in most RL cities.

Thanks @Thunderbrd startegy to reduce crime and investigate works - takes ages and cost a lotof money but works
Now i have -3500 crime in city -350 per turn and still 3 assasins left. 25 patrol units in town so would love to see some balance here - like discovering onr criminal should increase chance to discover another in same turn. (maybe interrogation pro,otion line for law enforcment here :) )

Mod is awesome but criminals are overpowered especialy in a way they are able to get into town and how difficult it is to get rid of them.

In my situation I have city walls, bunch of patrols, 2 war dogs, bunch of military units and criminals are entering town like nothing.
So I am able to see them but can not stop since they are using my roads.

So what guards at city gates with dogs are doing in that situation (considering they see them)
"Welcome mister criminal. Good to see you. Please rob some stores and rape our girls - enjoy " That how it looks now....
Please take into account that criiminal unit epresents bunch of mens no one (like spy unit) becuase there are able to kill military units. So how bunch of criminals can enter city with walls dogs and guards without noticing ???

So if city has dogs, crimnal figthing units, walls - all of it should reduce probability that criminal will enter to town - now you can just send bunch of criminals and destroy city from inside

Last edited:
Thanks @Thunderbrd startegy to reduce crime and investigate works - takes ages and cost a lotof money but works
Now i have -3500 crime in city -350 per turn and still 3 assasins left. 25 patrol units in town so would love to see some balance here - like discovering onr criminal should increase chance to discover another in same turn. (maybe interrogation pro,otion line for law enforcment here :) )

Mod is awesome but criminals are overpowered especialy in a way they are able to get into town and how difficult it is to get rid of them.

In my situation I have city walls, bunch of patrols, 2 war dogs, bunch of military units and criminals are entering town like nothing.
So I am able to see them but can not stop since they are using my roads.

So what guards at city gates with dogs are doing in that situation (considering they see them)
"Welcome mister criminal. Good to see you. Please rob some stores and rape our girls - enjoy " That how it looks now....
Please take into account that criiminal unit epresents bunch of mens no one (like spy unit) becuase there are able to kill military units. So how bunch of criminals can enter city with walls dogs and guards without noticing ???

So if city has dogs, crimnal figthing units, walls - all of it should reduce probability that criminal will enter to town - now you can just send bunch of criminals and destroy city from inside
I did always mean to make it some kind of insidiousness check to enter the city unnoticed. The thing is they don't come in like abnormal citizenry. They don't come in all at once. They do it smart. And until they are wanted (suspected of committing a crime) you can't actually just assume they will commit crimes. If I'm not mistaken, wanted criminals CAN'T enter cities without some kind of check but it's been a while. Keeping them from being able to enter is nearly impossible, just as it is in the real world. It's what they do when they are there that makes them vulnerable to then being potentially arrested. Keeping crime down and a solid investigator makes it hard for them to get away with much or last long. The goal of the mod is not to allow total control because no country has ever had total control over crime. But if you're super paranoid about it you can always limit how many roads come in and out and put disguise seeing LE paired with camo seeing dogs every few spaces out along those roads. Or just every few tiles have another watch post with the two and they'd never be able to sneak past.

At the moment the AI may be a little overcommitted to the send in criminals strategy as well still. It's on a fix list. Not because it doesn't make an impact but because it's leaning too hard in that direction to accomplish everything else properly.

It's definitely easier to stop criminals before they get into your cities. If you know or suspect an adjacent civ is sending criminals at you, post some LE units/dogs near your borders as Tbird said. Balance increased vision and pursuit upgrades since they're pretty slippery. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I am playing at nightmare difficulty.

About your logic that the criminals are entering city in a smart way...

You can not say that in a city with no crime where people are not locking their doors because there is social trust and all population is for example white and speaks English a bunch of black people that speaks somali can enter unnoticed and start crime activity without local population noticing what went wrong.... That's how current logic with criminals works in C2C

I am playing at nightmare difficulty.

About your logic that the criminals are entering city in a smart way...

You can not say that in a city with no crime where people are not locking their doors because there is social trust and all population is for example white and speaks English a bunch of black people that speaks somali can enter unnoticed and start crime activity without local population noticing what went wrong.... That's how current logic with criminals works in C2C
Perhaps when the Ideas project is tracking cultural differences, we can make that a modifier to whether criminals can successfully enter a city. As stated, I've always meant for there to be a check to enter the city - never got dev'd quite that far. There's also a whole lot of not so racial variant examples. The game is blind to culture clashes as a cause for lack of trust. We also don't REALLY have rules for immigration so well defined yet either. It's also assuming that criminals are deviously clever and unlikely to attempt entry looking like a bunch of black people that speak somali if that's the kind of thing that the country is looking out for. Disguise is all about doing everything possible to be the standard kind of trustworthy flying under the radar type that can easily enter without much scrutiny. With well done fake documentation if that's necessary. Later on, the Red Tape hiding method isn't really saying the criminals aren't known or obvious so much as they have special affiliations through organized criminal connections that give them means to operate right under the aware noses of those that should be enforcing the law (such as paid off sheriff's departments and so on.)

Last edited:
Hover over said criminal - if it has the 'wanted' promotion, you can use an LE unit that has an attack left to use an arrest action to attack the exile. What could also be happening is by the time you responded, he moved out - wanted status is not so hard to get rid of. All you have to do is get out of sight and out of the borders of the nation that has declared you wanted. Then you can return (presumably with a new fake identity). The AI, if not a native spawn, is programmed to react quickly to leave and spend a turn outside of sight then return as quickly as possible. In other words it may be clearing its status pretty quickly. Also, I'm hoping its fairly obvious that only Law units can attempt arrests.

Maybe negotiator/ investigator / detective unit with paid mission to find criminals more effectively.

Between criminals there is no real loyalty so as detective you can always find a guy that will betray his mates for lump sum of money.

It's definitely easier to stop criminals before they get into your cities. If you know or suspect an adjacent civ is sending criminals at you, post some LE units/dogs near your borders as Tbird said. Balance increased vision and pursuit upgrades since they're pretty slippery. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Criminals are easy compared to animals. If some fool founded a city on top of an animal (H&S), that animal will stay in that city for good and there is nothing you can do about it.

Top Bottom