what's reason for this? criminal in city is discovered several times already and still can't be arrested by law enforce unit?

Criminals are easy compared to animals. If some fool founded a city on top of an animal (H&S), that animal will stay in that city for good and there is nothing you can do about it.
Build a hunter-type unit, hunt the animal via "stealth attack" or whatnot, SOLVED.
Or you can just use any unit that can see it (or is assisted to see it) to walk out of the city and then back into it, attacking the animal in the process.
I'm pretty sure that hunters can do EITHER, in fact.
Unless there's some really weird bug involved, I see zero problem here.

Build a hunter-type unit, hunt the animal via "stealth attack" or whatnot, SOLVED.
Or you can just use any unit that can see it (or is assisted to see it) to walk out of the city and then back into it, attacking the animal in the process.
I'm pretty sure that hunters can do EITHER, in fact.
Unless there's some really weird bug involved, I see zero problem here.
Doesn't happen. There are no stealth attack icons. The animal is not attacked. For some reason the animal is not considered a hostile unit.

Doesn't happen. There are no stealth attack icons. The animal is not attacked. For some reason the animal is not considered a hostile unit.
Yeah, you must have "Without Warning" enabled to kill animal in city (assassinate mission).

Yeah, you must have "Without Warning" enabled to kill animal in city (assassinate mission).
Why isn't it considered "wild" in the first place?
I see the problem with (some types of) units simply not seeing it (the fainted icon means that), but why can't it be attacked if it IS being seen?
In any case, I always play with ALL those new functions ON, so I never encounter such weird problems.
Note: Certain units can HIDE from certain other units - it's normal and intended, but it's also countered with using those units that CAN see the hidden ones.

I have the icons for assassination if I have a unit on the same field as an enemy unit, but for some reason the animal doesn't seem to be recognized as an enemy if the city was founded on top of it.

Maybe negotiator/ investigator / detective unit with paid mission to find criminals more effectively.

Between criminals there is no real loyalty so as detective you can always find a guy that will betray his mates for lump sum of money.
Yeah there's more stuff to come someday with all this design, like criminals that are turned into undercover LE after being arrested and so on. Interesting idea to add a mission to pay for an investigation boost for a round perhaps.

I have the icons for assassination if I have a unit on the same field as an enemy unit, but for some reason the animal doesn't seem to be recognized as an enemy if the city was founded on top of it.
Might be that assassination was broken for in-city interactions. A metric ton of refactoring has been done there and I had to question whether it was always fully understood where some of the quirks were concerned. Of course, really only hunters should be able to assassinate visible animal units.

Can you screenshot what mouse-over-ing the animal shows you?
That is, click on a unit in the same plot as that animal, which also can SEE that animal - then mouse-over onto the animal to let us see the additional info.
It's either a very weird bug, or you are missing a solution that seeing this info may suggest to others.

Here you go:

Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

Can you build a hunter unit and do the same again?
Dogs may not be able to see such extremely stealthy animals like Lynx (I recall countless "stealth ambushes" from precisely these types of animals in the wild - they attack and STAY hidden).
If a Hunter unit will also not be able to see it, then I don't know what to say.
But a Dog may simply not be enough (not sure, but Dogs are more anti-Criminal than anti-Animal).
Also, we can't see here whether this fortified Dog can attack the Lynx (but it gets buggy) or not (because it can't see it).
Actually... the "90% hunting kill stat" kinda implies the Dog (which is the current unit in focus) SHOULD be able to attack the Lynx somehow, otherwise I don't think we'd see that stat.
Dunno, really weird.

Yeah there is severe bug when you don't enable Without Warning game option - can't kill animals in city, as you don't have Assassinate mission.
With it on you always have two assassinate missions

Solution: Always play with it ON, why not in the first place?
I mean, I do play without that stupid "can't attack cities without first knocking down their walls" option - but it's "strategic", whereas the one in question here is "game-mechanic" instead.
I very rarely ignore a "game-mechanic" option in a mod, whereas I may choose to use or NOT a "strategic" one - and I really usually suggest others to do the same.

Here is my savegame. The only active modmod is Rescaled Latitude.

Attachments

• C2C 11554 H17.CivBeyondSwordSave
    4.6 MB · Views: 6
Top Bottom