What's the Situation?

JakeCourtney

Villain
I've walked away from Civilization IV after a month of it's release. I swore to wait till decent mods and patches had worked it into something fun. Is the SDK available yet? Has there been a decent UN mod made yet? How are the mods for this game progressing? or is that real mods must wait for the SDK? I'm just trying to find the right time to get back into Civilization IV.

This Creation & Customization area has all the info on available mods, customizations, maps, etc..

sahkuhnder said:
This Creation & Customization area has all the info on available mods, customizations, maps, etc..

Good advice.

Also, check the official Firaxis website for the two patches.

It is best to wait a few more months. Aside from letting the price fall, it would also give time for a third patch to be released. On my current rig, there are some major problems performance wise, and other people have had similar problems. It might not hurt to check E-bay for CIV, since some people seem to be angry about the game - which might mean that a few might sell it for a lower price.

I would say no, there aren't any cool mods out. It'll probably be another 3-4 months after the SDK.

Top Bottom