What's wrong with the Wiki?

Destroy cities which follow AV, and destroy units with the Prophecy Mark promotion.

EDIT: Also destroying Hyborem too. And wiping out a civ which caused much AC to be created. Wiping them out generates some under your name, but removes all of it which is under their name. So for instance if Mahala razes the Order Holy City and 12 other cities, when you finally finish him off you will probably bring the counter down some. It would help if all of his cities were AV when it happened.

Oddly enough, I think that the AC goes up when AV spreads to a city, but by a set amount. It is supposed to go down based on how much population is in the city when you raze it, so you could actually lower the AC by spreading AV into a city before you wipe it out (though doing so would be tricky) if the city is large enough.

Also, using inquisitors on a city with AV will reduce the AC by 1.

The trouble is that most AC reducers are simply counteres to AC increasers. Killing a unit with a Prophecy Mark reduces the AC, yes, but building such a unit in the first place increases it. The net result is no change. Off the top of my head, the only ways to get a net change in favor of the good guys include:

The Hallowing of the Elohim
Razing a sufficiently large AV city
Razing the Necronomicon, provided the AV exists in the city
Sanctifying the ruins of an AV city
Razing the Prophecy of Ragnarok, provided the AV exists in the city
Sacrificing Corlindale

Of those six methods, two require that you play the Elohim and two can only be performed once per game.

Yes. Those were two separate groups. If there are no Elohim in the game, then neither the Hallowing ritual nor Corlindale's sacrifice can be counted on to avert the end, so you can only rely on the other methods. Of those, two can only be done once per game, since they require razing specific cities.

I suppose you could also say that Corlindale can only be sacrificed once per game, but the Elohim could always resurrect him.

Top Bottom