What's your favorite religion

Sneetis

Chieftain
Hi guys :)

I just wanted to ask which religion do you typically go for? Or do you go for any religion yourself? Which one offers the most useful unique bonuses in your opinion? Do you normally go for a single one (with all the civics etc. that want you to have only one religion) or multiple ones?

Personally I really like Mesopotamism, as it is typially the earliest available religion (Druidism and Animism, usually Tengri get snatched by the AI in my Immortal/Deity games). I really really like the "Protection of Ki" promotion which gives immunity to first strikes to many units. Also the Hammurabi Stele that gives free court houses in all cities is great imho.

I like Mesopotamism but I find the biggest key religion in my playstyle is Asatru - and then I slow down before leaving the medieval era to get as many vastly more powerful units as I can before charging into the boring gunpowder and beyond eras.

I like to have Mesopotamism, too, a lot of good buildings are available. I also try to have both Shamanism and Druidism in all my cities as they provide a lot of food increasing buildings that don't obsolete and can have everything without the need to be your state religion. Voodoo later on is also good because of the hammer enhacements.

Early on both Shamanism and Druidism are very good, both for the additional food and for free promotions. Usually Shamanism seems to be a bit better - I think that you often have more animal resources locally than plant-based resources.

Later Andeanism is one of the best religions with respect to science - all 3 buildings give science (and only Monasteries obsolete, so most of the other religions don't give you science any more after Atomic Age), IIRC the only other religion that does that is Bahaii (sp?), which comes far later in the tree.

It depends on which playstyle I've decided on for a given game. Andeanism is great for wealth-driven strategies (and helps a bit with anything derived from it, but to a lesser degree). Right now, I'm playing a game focused much more towards science - I've got Judaism well established in all my cities (currently right around the transition between Classical and Medieval eras), and I'm seriously considering adding Bahai (again, in all cities) when the game advances to that stage... if it lasts that long. (It's not looking like it will - I've got around 80% of the world's population and I'm rapidly closing in on 50% of the land area. I'll probably secure a domination victory long before Bahai becomes available. This is a classic runaway victory scenario in the making.)

For a more militant approach, Asatru or Kesmitism both have some interesting niche capabilities, but Christianity is very powerful - especially if you favor a "fortress" approach to your militancy, rather than a "raider" approach. Other religions obviously have other strategies, so look at the advantages each offers and adopt the one which favors your chosen approach.

Yup, cops gonna arrest anybody bringing fuel to the truckers. They will freeze to death in the night without heat.
Truckers NOT leaving; fuel supply may be cut off - YouTube

Anybody worried about the environment should remember almost every Canadian Home is burning loads of fuel right now. Winter is why we produce more carbon emission per person then US. Truckers are heating little cabs. Rich people (Trudeau) heat up mansions.

RCGT Park: Breaking news police confiscating fuel supply from new base camp 2-6-2022 - YouTube

Last edited:
Top Bottom