When Civilization was the most fun?

1-4 was the golden age. Every iteration from 1-4 got better. 5 was normal age. 6 is the dark ages.

Having said that, I’ve tried going back to civ4 and I just cant. It’s over. It was a contemporary feeling of that time. I’m just hoping they get back on track with civ7.

This sums up my view. Agree with OP that Civ IV was tedious in the end game espececially on larger maps but it's still fun to play and engaging. Civ I-III great in their time but graphics too painfully dated now - would love a Civ III remaster! Civ VI for me was an epic fail. Hoping better for Civ VII but have moved on for now to HumanKind, Old World and Shadow Empires for 4X.

This sums up my view. Agree with OP that Civ IV was tedious in the end game espececially on larger maps but it's still fun to play and engaging. Civ I-III great in their time but graphics too painfully dated now - would love a Civ III remaster! Civ VI for me was an epic fail. Hoping better for Civ VII but have moved on for now to HumanKind, Old World and Shadow Empires for 4X.
Maybe I'm just old, but playing older games as they were is not a problem for me, and, "painful," because of old graphics. In fact, I often find remasterings of old games miss the mark in too many ways, like, "reboots," and, "remakes," of old movies.

I am rising both hands for this.
Where is the petition? I am signing it no question asked!

I am rising both hands for this.
Where is the petition? I am signing it no question asked!
Children always need the most colourful, flashy lights to entertain them.Snow, barefoot, uphill both ways, and all for us older folk... :old:

Maybe I'm just old, but playing older games as they were is not a problem for me, and, "painful," because of old graphics. In fact, I often find remasterings of old games miss the mark in too many ways, like, "reboots," and, "remakes," of old movies.

They tend to have more sophisticated gameplay as well.

I still think Civ6 has tremendous potential; even given no dll access and the awfullness of the modding tools Civ6 with the right mods can be extremely fun

It took almost a year of playtesting and tweaking but I have a mod list that makes Civ6:aieegrunt edition my favorite Civ

Hahaha, got my A-game back on and managed to win some games at Emperor again. :D

My favorites in the series are II, IV and V.

Top Bottom