When I am doing early warmongering- Do civ I did not met know that?

omiman

Chieftain
I am asking because I promised a civ that I will no declare war on them and that my unites are passing through than I broke it and other civ did know that.

Civs that you have not met:

• Will not know of wars you have fought before meeting them, AI Civ cities you have conquered or even if you have destroyed the Civ.
  • Will know if you break your promise that you're "just passing through". And this seems to be a giant negative diplo hit with every other civ.
So if you are on a continent and destroy all the civs on that continent before meeting anyone from overseas, you're golden. You can kill them, just don't lie to them.

(None of this applies to city states, I'm not sure how those work.)

...and other civ did know that.
As @raider980 notes, all the AI will know if you break that “move or DOW” promise, or if you back-stab (DOW or denounce during a DOF). They will hold those infractions against you for the whole game. (OTOH, lying about buying tiles, settling, and spying only effects your relationship with the civ that you lied to.)

It is only warmongering penalties (DOWs and taking cities) that can be avoided by not meeting civs.

Likewise, any DOWs on CS are known by all the other CS, regardless if you have met them or not. CS do not otherwise care about your warmongering (or your lying).

Are you sure that it applies for the whole game? It certainly is a bad mark but I thought it tended not to count as much after a long time, like 100 turns.

Top Bottom