When trying to export an image as .dds, the compression selection's greyed out. Help?

DoktorApplejuce

Champion of Kirkwall
I'm using GIMP, and when trying to export what is to be my Dawn Of Man image (which needs compression) as .dds, the compression option is greyed out. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Spoiler :

Not sure, as I use Photoshop, but I'd guess it doesn't like the dimensions. Some early DXT DDS required powers of 2, but modern ones only need a multiple of 4.

hmmm....my GIMP export->dds dialog looks a little different
Spoiler :
Doesn't seem to matter whether I export direct from the xcf format or direct from a jpg format.

My GIMP says it is v2.8

And that's just about the limit of my understanding of all this arty stuff, unfortunately.

Attachments

• Xporting.jpg
    Xporting.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 375
doesn't gimp need a dds plugin here a link to a couple anyway
https://code.google.com/p/gimp-dds/downloads/list

Yes it does, I'm pretty sure. It's been long enough since I installed it that I cannot remember whether I had to go to a separate plug-in download page to get the dds component or whether it was somthing that was selectable to include in the downloading process.

I wonder if DocApplejuce is accidently using "Save As" instead of using "Export As" in the file drop-down menu.

Yes, I do have the plug-in, and yes, I am using 'export as'. I've managed to get it to work now. For whatever reason, exporting as a .png, then re-importing that .png back into GIMP made the program want to cooperate. Thank you all for the suggestions.

Top Bottom