Where did Shaka go?

Shaka is a civilization available in Brave new world expansion pack.
Shaka is the name of the leader of the Zulus! So look for the zulus, you're certain to find shaka.

Failing that, try exploring eastern part of the South Africa?

Shaka should appear as The zulus when you have the bnw expansions.

Look for Shaka, leaders are listed alphabetically unmodded. Also make sure of this

Ahmad al-Mansur should be the first name available when you look for leaders, if he isn't then you don't seem to have Brave New World (either you don't actually own it or you have deactivated yoru expansion).

I guess I don't have Brave New World loaded. Funny, I used to see him. Is BNW just an expansion or is it the new game after God and Kings

Brave New World is another expansion after Gods and Kings. If you don't have Brave New World, then you don't have Shaka, because he comes with it. Unless you have a mod for the Zulus or something.

Brave New World is another expansion after Gods and Kings. If you don't have Brave New World, then you don't have Shaka, because he comes with it. Unless you have a mod for the Zulus or something.

Look up Civ V Brave New World on Steam - there will be a bar saying "You already own Brave New World' if you have it. If so, it's possible it's been disabled.

Look up Civ V Brave New World on Steam - there will be a bar saying "You already own Brave New World' if you have it. If so, it's possible it's been disabled.

In the list of DLCs Shaka should be with the brave new world DLCs.

I thought I saw that BNW played differently than G&K so I have been delaying using it. Is that correct?

Still wonder how I saw Shaka. When you say "disabled" is that something I did or was it Steam? Not able to look right now at steam site

I thought I saw that BNW played differently than G&K so I have been delaying using it. Is that correct?

Still wonder how I saw Shaka. When you say "disabled" is that something I did or was it Steam? Not able to look right now at steam site

BNW does have new features, and thus, does play somewhat differently, but it's still the second Civ5 expansion.

If by delaying using it, you mean you turned off BNW, then that's why you can't play as the Zulus. If that is the case, then you need to go back into the DLC menu and make sure Brave New World is check marked. You should probably make sure it's enabled either way.

Yes, it's very much more distinct from G&K than G&K was from vanilla - the entire economic system has been changed, which has a lot of (in my view positive) gameplay repercussions which affect the game far more substantially than the headline-grabbing culture and ideology systems.

till wonder how I saw Shaka. When you say "disabled" is that something I did or was it Steam? Not able to look right now at steam site

It would probably have been something you did (it can be disabled in the DLC section of the Civ V start menu), which you may have done if you bought it but delayed using it because of gameplay changes, but who knows what bugs Steam can produce all by itself?

Maybe you just saw Shaka on the selection screen before you disabled the DLC - have you played a game where he turned up? Did you recall seeing any of the following leaders on the startup screen?

Ahmad al-Mansur of Morocco
Ashurbanipal of Assyria
Casimir III of Poland
Enrico Dandolo of Venice
Gajah Mada of Indonesia
Maria I of Portugal
Pedro II of Brazil
Pocatello of the Shoshone

I think I played as Shaka some time ago. My current game has lots of mods so can't change now but I will look into the DLC menu next time I start.

Thank you all for your help.

Top Bottom