Where do I find my bookmarked posts?

I was referring to bookmarked posts. I can see them by clicking on my profile when on desktop but not on the mobile version of the site.

I found mine by clicking on my Account Details, then on Your Account. A menu popped out of the left side of the page, and Bookmarks is the 4th one from the top.

Dunno how this works on a phone, but that's how it works on my laptop.

I found mine by clicking on my Account Details, then on Your Account. A menu popped out of the left side of the page, and Bookmarks is the 4th one from the top.

Dunno how this works on a phone, but that's how it works on my laptop.
Thanks, but I know how to access bookmarks on the desktop site, it's the mobile version of the site that's flummoxing me. Maybe it was an oversight on the site developers' part?

No idea. There are things we could do with vBulletin that we can't do with XenForo.

Anyway, your issue was useful for me, as I hadn't realized we could bookmark specific posts. I've got writing-related posts and other topic-specific posts sprinkled throughout OT and A&E and this will help me find and organize them.

Gonna mention it in the TIL thread in OT? It could help some other people there, too.

I learned something as well! I never realized I could bookmark posts before, that definitely could be helpful in organizing posts, and as a first step towards my eventual goal of making some updated compendiums of useful Civ3 information.

As for the mobile view question, I've only been able to simulate that using a very small desktop window (I don't browse on my phone either or I'd probably spend the whole day at work posting on CFC), but assuming the view is the same between "very small desktop window" and "mobile", it would be via the "Your account" button in this view:

1680583050638.png

Clicking "Your account" bring up a menu on the left that includes the bookmark link.

You should also be able to get to it by going directly to https://forums.civfanatics.com/account/bookmarks while you are signed in; AFAIK that ought to work on mobile, too. Then maybe you could bookmark the bookmarks page in your browser; that's a little bit meta.

If "mobile" is not the same as "very small desktop", I'm sure we can find someone else on the site who uses it on mobile and can chime in.

I learned something as well! I never realized I could bookmark posts before, that definitely could be helpful in organizing posts, and as a first step towards my eventual goal of making some updated compendiums of useful Civ3 information.

As for the mobile view question, I've only been able to simulate that using a very small desktop window (I don't browse on my phone either or I'd probably spend the whole day at work posting on CFC), but assuming the view is the same between "very small desktop window" and "mobile", it would be via the "Your account" button in this view:

View attachment 658764
Clicking "Your account" bring up a menu on the left that includes the bookmark link.

You should also be able to get to it by going directly to https://forums.civfanatics.com/account/bookmarks while you are signed in; AFAIK that ought to work on mobile, too. Then maybe you could bookmark the bookmarks page in your browser; that's a little bit meta.

If "mobile" is not the same as "very small desktop", I'm sure we can find someone else on the site who uses it on mobile and can chime in.
Thanks, this worked for me!

You can just write a note to yourself to remind you of what the bookmark/tag is about. Most of mine have to do with writing, fanfiction, and information I find helpful for that. Some of them have to do with Dune, as I try to find the many posts that are scattered around that used to be linked in the old DuneFanatics social group that we don't have anymore (due to social groups getting zapped into oblivion during the migration to XenForo).

You can just write a note to yourself to remind you of what the bookmark/tag is about. Most of mine have to do with writing, fanfiction, and information I find helpful for that. Some of them have to do with Dune, as I try to find the many posts that are scattered around that used to be linked in the old DuneFanatics social group that we don't have anymore (due to social groups getting zapped into oblivion during the migration to XenForo).
But the 'label' function already does that? Hold on, I'm going to bookmark your post with a message

Screenshot_2023-08-24-18-02-36-945_com.vivaldi.browser-edit.jpg

You were right, it replaces the preview text of the bookmarked post. Labelled posts can be identified and found using the 'Filters' option.

Top Bottom