Where to find monopolies overview?

Kierkegaard

Warlord
Hello all,

My husband and I are playing this fantastic mod after a long while again. It seems to have changed a bit and we are unable to find our resources overview and how much % we have to reach a monopoly. Where can we find this overview?

Hello all,

My husband and I are playing this fantastic mod after a long while again. It seems to have changed a bit and we are unable to find our resources overview and how much % we have to reach a monopoly. Where can we find this overview?
Spoiler :
Civ5Screen0000.png

Last edited:
That would be the wrong button shown in the image above (it shows demographics), the one that shows the resources and monopoly bonuses is the one next to it, the $ sign looking one. Enjoy.

(edit) ... and now it has been corrected to show the correct button :)

Last edited:
Hello all,

Note that half is not enough for a monopoly, you need more than half, this however have varied with different VP versions.
So with 8 you need 5 for a monopoly.
But 4+ east india company (guilds tech) also works.
There is the statecraft policy "Exchange Markets" where "Resources from City-States count toward Global Monopolies", you need to be allied with the CS to get their resource.

Okay that's pretty weird. I remember that icon from way in the past playing. But at least for us, the last two versions 3-15-2 and 4-10 and upgrades we don't have that icon. We play multiplayer.
Seems like we are missing some others too.
And my spouse tells me he has a weird thing in his game that city states are being renamed. But I can't confirm that last part.

I'll investigate. Chances are that I probably screwed something up

Last edited:
Okay that's pretty weird. I remember that icon from way in the past playing. But at least for us, the last two versions 3-15-2 and 4-10 and upgrades we don't have that icon. We play multiplayer.
Seems like we are missing some others too.
And my spouse tells me he has a weird thing in his game that city states are being renamed. But I can't confirm that last part.

I'll investigate. Chances are that I probably screwed something up

I know, from my own games, there were some fairly recent versions where the Monopoly Icon isn't available. It's not just you.

Yes, I just recreated the modpack twice with 3-15-2 and confirmed vs the SP installer exe the Monopoly icon is not available.
I'll turn to github

The name change with CS is a known bug that is being looked at. First I have heard of missing icons.

It's a modpack, so it probably has an extra InGame.lua or something in it, stopping half of the modpack from loading. Seems to be a random half too.

That's it indeed. Gazebo replied on Github:
"I don't do modpacks, but IIRC there is an InGame.lua you have to delete from the CP/CoreLUA to fix it."

Deleting that file in that folder solved the problem.

Top Bottom