• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Which Religion?

I just think it's kinda funny/absurd that the Celts, who will probably most likely to claim a religion first, will choose from a list of religions that dont represent them in the least (besides Christianity in a weird way). I still want to see Paganism as an option!

Yeah, me too.
I'm gonna definitely try to mod the religion icons and add something like triquetra or triskelion (maybe even kolovrat for Slavic paganism and Mjollnir for Bluetooth).

I'll take whatever is appropriate for the civ I'm playing or the beliefs I choose.
If I play an european civ and choose Papal Primacy I'll pick Christianity, If I play China I'll take Daosim or Confucianism depending on the beliefs.

I'm going to rename my religion based on whatever Pantheon I pick. If I do Goddess of love, I will name my religion the Cult of Eros.

Once I get tired of doing that, I will probably just pick Sihkism. I like the symbol. How many religions are there with knives in their symbol?

I will probably play russia or austria so I will have to bring out my cross :jesus: and holy bible:jesus: and pick christianty:jesus: striking down all religions in my path take the most powerful religion hopefully Islam so it has a kind of history feel to it. and then kind of spread my religion:jesus: around the world then everyone will be christian:jesus:. No one will worship anything else.:mwaha: or this guy:satan:

Probably Which ever suits the Civ the best so European Civs - Christian, Middle Eastern Civs - Islam or Judaism India - Sikhism, Hinduism or Buddhism, Far East - things like Taoism or Confucianism maybe Buddhism or something like that.

As I mentioned in a different posting, I wish they included 20 extra symbols (not pertaining to any religion, just really cool designed graphic symbols) that the user could choose when creating his/her own custom religion. Just seems weird for me to found something called 'Meatball-ism' and choose the star and crescent as my symbol. :crazyeye:

I'm choosing the one of the icons and renaming it "Gayism", the first religion that openly encourages homosexuality among its followers. :)

This is still unknow as far as I know. Celts don't have any real self-documentation since they preffered oral tradition. Things we know about them comes from mainly Greek and Roman historians who wrote stuff.

So name it as you like ("Taranism" or "Druidism" for example).

The "Gayists" probably have a "preferred oral tradition" too. Better watch out. :D

For my first game, I'll just rename the religion to something stupid. I'm not really happy that religion is back anyway, I thought they got rid of it for good reasons.

Cicero: Good luck with the Cult of Baal, there.

As for myself, Zoroastrianism. And shame on all of you for my mentioning it first!

I will probably play russia or austria so I will have to bring out my cross :jesus: and holy bible:jesus: and pick christianty:jesus: striking down all religions in my path take the most powerful religion hopefully Islam so it has a kind of history feel to it. and then kind of spread my religion:jesus: around the world then everyone will be christian:jesus:. No one will worship anything else.:mwaha: or this guy:satan:

Sounds like something Jesus would do.

Atheism is a religion like off is a TV channel. I'm glad it's not included in the selection (although the name and symbol are meaningless, it's the policies you endorse that affect the gameplay.)

Atheism is represented by secularism, which is placed firmly where it belongs, under the Rationalism social policy tree.

All hail Xenu.

Im making a Scenario in Europe so instead of lots of different religions im making them into different Chrurches, mostly under Christianity but they will be called by it's Church name instead so Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican etc. looking forward to it :)

man holmes do anyone know if it is be possible for the to have free religion? like when da people get to chose there religion instead of da feds choosing da religion.

Top Bottom