Which system should I get?

What to get?

• Total voters

Tommy Vercetti

The Don
Should I get a XBox360 or PS3? Since I am planning on getting a system with my savings and what money I get for Christmas.

The Wii.

Out of the two options you give, Xbox 360 is better despite its hardware failures (especially since Microsoft will generally replace the failed ones)

Out of those options, 360 would be best as it costs like $300 and the PS3 is $599!!!!! :aargh:

PS3 sucks. I had a PS1 and 2 and feel cheated with the third one and the fact that they're stripping bits off it and lowering the spec just to make it cheaper shows how bad it is to be honest. I'm of the opinion that the day the Wii gets a HDD then Sony's in alot of trouble

I've got a 360 and a Wii and to be honest, it's a flip between the two. I'd probably go for the 360 because I mainly use the Wii for retro gaming from the VC.

PS3 sucks. I had a PS1 and 2 and feel cheated with the third one and the fact that they're stripping bits off it and lowering the spec just to make it cheaper shows how bad it is to be honest. I'm of the opinion that the day the Wii gets a HDD then Sony's in alot of trouble

I've got a 360 and a Wii and to be honest, it's a flip between the two. I'd probably go for the 360 because I mainly use the Wii for retro gaming from the VC.

I'm planning on buying a 360 since I can't find a wii anywhere. They're all being sold out is what's happening.

If you're going for a 360 your best bet would be to look into maybe a premium system, because of xmas you can get good deals but it only comes with the 20 gig HD, the Elite has the 120 gig. You could buy the HDD seperately I suppose.

You want a Wii? I'll sell you mine for £3,999,999.99? Paypal ok? ;)

Get a 360 unless you really want a Blu Ray player. If you get a 360, you should get a premium (20 gig) or Elite (120 gig) instead of the Core.

Out of the two choices, definitely 360. Larger choice of games and several better titles at the moment. It has effectively become the new PS2, amusingly.

No Wii option? It's a great system, although I'm considering getting a 360 because Wii misses out on so many third party games.

I'm not considering a PS3 at all. There simply aren't any games on that one that interest me, so I would recommend the 360 for their game selection and price.

Don't get the Core system if you're getting Xbox. The only real reason to get it over the Premium would be to save money, but what with the Xmas deals going on at the moment, the savings is negligible and you miss out on a huge amount. It's like going back to playing the NES heh

PS3. Just because everyone else is being jerks about it. It is 400 for a ps3 with 40 GB Hard drive. Not 600. The people here only think for the now. The PS3 will have tons of games released in the coming year and the 360 seems to me to be slacking off. Having gotten out all the big games. The PS3 has free online service, Xbox Live is better but a complete rip off for the service, it has linux support, standard hard drive which allows games to be standardized to use them and run smoother with less loading times. Blu ray which will win the HD media race hands down and longer support life. The 360 will probably be dropped after 5 years. Like the Xbox 1 was. Plus hard ware failures which I have suffered. They run loud and they run hot.

It really comes down to if you want to support the playstation brand or the xbox one. Whichever has games you like go with it. But don't just listen to these people. Work it out yourself. PS3 is younger and has more big games coming its way. 360 is older and is using up many of its exclusives already. Most of which are on PC within a year anyway.

PS3. Just because everyone else is being jerks about it. It is 400 for a ps3 with 40 GB Hard drive. Not 600. The people here only think for the now. The PS3 will have tons of games released in the coming year and the 360 seems to me to be slacking off. Having gotten out all the big games.

I took that into consideration, and there just isn't much coming out for the PS3 that excites me. I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, but what are some of the big upcoming PS3 releases? I don't follow video gaming like I used to, I only read the reviews when they come out these days.

I took that into consideration, and there just isn't much coming out for the PS3 that excites me. I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, but what are some of the big upcoming PS3 releases? I don't follow video gaming like I used to, I only read the reviews when they come out these days.
MGS4 and FFXIII are coming out next year and those are the 2 biggest ones. Don't no too much else though.

LuckyMoose said:
PS3. Just because everyone else is being jerks about it. It is 400 for a ps3 with 40 GB Hard drive.
A 40 gig can't play PS2 games though, right?

The people here only think for the now. The PS3 will have tons of games released in the coming year and the 360 seems to me to be slacking off. Having gotten out all the big games.
That's not true, Too Human, Banjo Kazooie and Ninja Gaiden 2 are coming out next year.

It's lame yeah I agree.

The PS3 has some cracking games coming out in the next year, but they really need to get them out now.

The problem with the PS3 is that it's getting a HUGE amount of bad press. No amazing 'killer-apps' seem to be coming out anytime soon and the games which are released multi-console, people complain about them having issues (Orange box and Assassins Creed).

I also don't think it's help with the fact that Sony keep changing the spec of the system, 60 gigs here, 80 there, 40 over here. I mean come on, given the cost of disc space at the moment and also given the fact we're now pushing into terabyte territory, does 20 gig of a difference REALLY cut the cost? If that's the case why not make a generic HDD like Microsoft (they're not exactly good either, 20 gig? come on) And it's just made worse by the fact that it seems like fro the same price in America as it is in the UK, you get can a PS3 with 60gig rather than the paltry 40.

Get it sorted guys

Top Bottom