Which type of war do you prefer?

Which type of war do you prefer?

• Ancient to medival age war. Cannons and Swordsmen all the way.

Votes: 31 48.4%
  • Industrail to Modern age war. Aircraft and tanks rock.

Votes: 33 51.6%

• Total voters
I didn't mark either one, because I like the period from late Medieval long after swords through mid-Industrial. I like cavs and artillary with rails up through bombers. Once tanks appear, I lose interest in fighting again.

I don't care, as long as I win. :p Altough Industrial has funner units.

Clearly modern. That's where all the cool weapons are, like Modern Armours, Mech Inf, Paratroopers, Helicopters, stealth planes, cruise missles and NUKES!!!!1

Medieval.

(Knights, longbows, War Elephants, Chinese riders, Ansar warriors, Musketeers, Swiss Mercs etc). Love it.

But all warfare's good with me (as long as I win)!

Any war I can win. Mostly I do my fighting with artillery and cavalry (armies). An opportunistic war using knights against a no-iron opponent is fun.

edit: generally my arty/cav extravaganza is post railroad. I'm a shameless exploiter.

I love ancient rome and all these massive side-by-side wars, that were in ancient and medieval ages...no guns, just swords flashing and huge battle axes, maces and morning stars...
But in civ, I usually don't start war before I have a nice cavalry or tank army built up...
only if some dumbass puny civ takes some vital recource from me, or is just blocking me from expanding...

Whenever war needs to be fought. ;)

My current game (Chinese, archipelago 60%) I found the Persions on my island about 15 turns into the game. An Archer and 3 Warriors took care of that. ;)

Later, the Carthaginians decided to be rude. My Riders kicked them off 2 nearby islands and half of their home island. A little later, Arabia tried a sneak attack. Cavalry took three of their islands. Now, while I have tanks idling in readiness, the Turks are getting rather pissy.... :evil:

Industrial wars. Cavalry are still useful, and tank blitzs are possible.

Perfection said:
I like early industrial. (I play Ottomans a lot)

I'm suprised you didn't say the kind with Giant Death Robots. :p

I prefer modern - only because my wars are much quicker, efficient and painless thanks to arty and tanks. :D Earlier wars tend to be slower/longer and only seem to result in the capture of a few cities :(

I'm with gmaharriet. I almost never seem to get my empire entirely railroaded before I win though. I tend to reserve artillery for the larger cities because they can't keep up with the cavalry rush.

I love modern wafare becase I'ts so fast paced. In a modern war I can catch 2 or 3 cites in 1 turn. In ancient war. I can only capture 1 city per 2 or 3 turns.;)

Industrial / Modern.

I see swarms of tanks.
All with the flag of the Communist State of (insert civ you are playing here).
See the puny capitalist democarcies faulter due to their weak, whiney, citizens.
Once again the globe falls under my iron grasp.

All hail comrade Me!!!!!!!!

Yes, Definately Industrial / Modern!

Top Bottom