Which Victory Condition will you choose?

Time/Score most likely, so I can play through all aspects of the game.

I'll be doing every victory condition that I can with the first game. On settler difficulty of course :)

**saved games ftw

Diplomacy looks like it'll be interesting in Civ V, particularly because of the City State dimension. But I'll probably get distracted from that goal into raining down Giant Death Robot-y doom!

What im wanting to do is to make everyone love each other, win the game and then if i can keep playing afterwards send a nuke to every capital and take over the world through force! <InsertEvilLaughHere>

What im wanting to do is to make everyone love each other, win the game and then if i can keep playing afterwards send a nuke to every capital and take over the world through force! <InsertEvilLaughHere>

This usually happens in my Civ IV games, just w/o the "make everyone love each other part"

Edit: i wonder how the line "My words are backed up by nuclear weapons" goes in Aztec or Siamese....

This usually happens in my Civ IV games, just w/o the "make everyone love each other part"

Edit: i wonder how the line "My words are backed up by nuclear weapons" goes in Aztec or Siamese....

Well i love a challenge, if i make everyon allies and then attack them all similtaneously then hopefully ill have them all trying to kill me and ill get too see if i can survive =D

I always leave them all on for the challenge (some AIs at least in Civ 4 were more geared toward cultural, military, science, etc. so turning one or more off, except for time victory, means nerfing or outright negating an opponent's unique abilities). That said, I am torn...I will probably play on Settler (for the achievement and being able to mess around), which means the AI is probably not going to declare war on me, but I really want to try out combat to see if it actually fixed the problems I had with combat like it claims to...my bet is it does. (No more stacks...yay! Combat should go quicker, or at least you have a much better idea what you are getting in to. Also no more ridiculous victories.) So, domination most likely for me. That said, I really want to try culture while I'm on a lower difficulty level so I can get a handle for how it behaves as well.

OK, I've decided. I'm going to go for culture, but also declare war on at least one other civ (or a city-state) to test out the combat system.

I normally just take all victory conditions off. I don't play the game to win, but just create my own history of the world, making stories and do some role play... Alright, I am a weirdo, I know...

This... with the single exception of the diplomatic box checked so that I can manipulate global politics.

First game, I'll probably go towards conquest. I don't usually end up finishing my first game either way, so what I'm trying won't matter. But I generally like to use my conquest skills to narrow down which difficulty level I'm about even at, then figure out how to win the other conditions as well.

+1. I tend to use the same approach. Learn the game first, then set the conditions.

All of them!

I want to vote myself leader of the UN on the same turn that the Utopia project completes in my capital as it fires a rocket into space and I take the last AI capital.

Also this has to happen on the year 2050 when I have the highest score.

On Deity.

Don't say I don't set myself a challenge :lol:

I think it might just break the universe.

Unfortunately global warming was taken out. Playing far into the future won't be that fun anymore.

But as I said, a (post) apocalypse mod would be cool for that. ;)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=378892

Anyways, the "time" option is the one I like the least. Feels like someone cut off the power, not really like the game was ended. Also hated this system in Colonization, where all choices are thrown aboard in the end and all you had to do was building troops to face the europeans.

In Civ4 I never really could pull of a Diplomatic victory.

Just do the first 2/3rds of a Conquest victory and then call for a Diplo win vote. ;)

The Diplo win will be much more interesting in Civ V, as it'll be real(er) diplomacy now.

As always, I will choose the victory condition that presents itself to me through the conditions of the game. Of course, early on while I'm getting up to speed on the lower levels, I'll probably go for a conquest at least once.

I will just play along and fool around with the possibilities, and then when the time is right I will grab any victory that is still possible. Possibly science since that seems like the least amount of planning is required and it seems like that one is possible even if I mess up in other departments.

I will be trying my best to win on a small map at standard speed in under 150 turns. Such are the limitations of the Demo.

So... most likely I'll be aiming for a Domination victory.

Top Bottom