Who and how will you play first?

I'll pick Byzantine just on the knowledge that they have Dromon, my fave unit from Civ III. Also I want to try out first a civ whose units/buildings are in the early era.

A small map first, just not to get too overwhelmed.

I'm also excited to try out archipelago map with naval colonial civs (England, Spain, Dutch, Japan) just to try out the promised more aggressive AI use of naval invasions.

ALSO all the three scenarios interest me a lot!

Celts, Standard, Continents, Prince, to try out this shiny new religion thing.

I'll let the AI choose itself in the hopes that I get to play against one or two of the new leaders. I don't want to play them all at once, partly because I don't want to have to keep looking at Civilopedia every minute to remind me of all the UAs, UUs etc, but mostly to extend the novelty value for as long as possible :D

Roleplay/Immersion:
Byzantium
Immortal
Continents
Standard

Powergaming:
Huns/Ethiopia - (either of these should be insane)
Deity
Pangaea
Standard

With Rome/Augustus, Fractal map type, Emperor difficulty, normal amount CSs and against Celts, Huns, Carthage, Austria, Ethiopia, Maya, Netherlands, Byzantium and 'the Ninth Civ'. :D
- To see all new Leader screens.

Second game: Huns/Attila, same settings as above, against all female rivals; Wu Zetian, Catherine, Elisabeth, Isabella, Maria Theresa, Theodora, Dido and Boudica ;)
- Just for fun and too see how's the strongest adversary.

With Rome/Augustus, Fractal map type, Emperor difficulty, normal amount CSs and against Celts, Huns, Carthage, Austria, Ethiopia, Maya, Netherlands, Byzantium and 'the Ninth Civ'. :D
- To see all new Leader screens.

Second game: Huns/Attila, same settings as above, against all female rivals; Wu Zetian, Catherine, Elisabeth, Isabella, Maria Theresa, Theodora, Dido and Boudica ;)
- Just for fun and too see how's the strongest adversary.

Are you gonna play the Bachelor with Attila :mischief:

Yes... probably ;)
Hmm... now where did I put those Battering Rams...

- Austria - The UA (peacefully annex CSs) sounds fun!
- Prince - Maybe even Warlord to get used to things...
- Epic - Playing a lot of these even now, and it will be necessary for the first G+K to let each era soak in. Epic is just so much smoother and surprisingly doesn't take much more time than Standard unless in constant war. Guess Marathon must be even better for how many people here play on it... but I'll probably stick with Epic to start.
- Continents - To test the new naval units and see if the AI can do anything in the water (normally I play Pangaea for their sake).
- Large - Need a good size for trying out diplo, so probably this (now that my specs can handle it).

Attila
Deity
Pangea
Standard everything.

=Slaughterhouse

Best of luck, sir :hammer:

I was wondering what will be you'rer first civ you will play at the expansion game.

Wich civilization?
Wich map?
Wich difficulty?
WIch speed?

I didn't know How I could make a poll so just post you're settings

if someone could explain me how to post a poll would be nice :p
I'll pick a civ that receives some kind of faith bonus so I can try founding a religion. So perhaps Celts.

Standard continents with same number CS as civs.

Unless the general difficulty is upped with the expansion, I'll probably go with emperor.

Epic speed.

Carthage, on a TSL Earth map modded to have all the new civs (assuming one such map isn't included with the expansion). Difficulty/speed to be decided.

Civ: Celts
Map: Continents - HUGE
Difficulty: Prince
Speed: Standard
City-States: Max Number!

Civ: Ethiopia
Difficulty: Emperor
Speed: Epic
Map: Standard Continents

Gonna try out the North Korean Turtling Strategy with them, nab GW+Himeji+HS/PT combo and put SPs in Order

You're going to threaten city-states with nuclear weapons in exchange for resources?

Haile Sellasie
Prince
Continents or Archipelago
Standard Speed

I want to found the Rastafarian religion - that's the main reason for Haile Sellasie. And I want to play on Continents or Archipelago to see if the AI can now launch naval attacks.

The second game is going to be the steampunk scenario.

Yep. Rastafarianism is going to be the default religion whenever I play as Ethiopia.

Interesting that no one else has decided to start with the scenarios.

For my first game I'm going to play the Medieval scenario as one of the new Civs (I assume Austria and Byzantium will be available) or maybe one of the other civs if they take my fancy.

Then I might have to try play both of the other scenarios (Fall of Rome... probably Huns, Smokey skies? It's going to have to be England). After that I'll probably take one of the new civs I haven't seen yet out for a normal game (Mayans, Carthage, depends on the bonuses Mayans get).

It depends on who the 9th civ is, if it's another African civ, especially one with either a warmonger bonus or a gold bonus, I almost certainly will play them first. Ethiopia sounds fun, but I doubt I'll start with them since they are focused on being a small empire. In my first game I don't want to stay small, I want to dominate and conquer, but also take advantage of religion. I'll likely start with either the Celts or Byzantine for their religion bonuses.

Interesting that no one else has decided to start with the scenarios.

For my first game I'm going to play the Medieval scenario as one of the new Civs (I assume Austria and Byzantium will be available) or maybe one of the other civs if they take my fancy.

Then I might have to try play both of the other scenarios (Fall of Rome... probably Huns, Smokey skies? It's going to have to be England). After that I'll probably take one of the new civs I haven't seen yet out for a normal game (Mayans, Carthage, depends on the bonuses Mayans get).

I suppose the format of the question sort of suggested standard games, but you're absolutely right. So, on second thought I may have to start with the Fall of Rome scenario (as Byzantium of course!).

Well... since I know that whichever Civ i start with I will play most games with until the release of the next game/expansion, (I become easily attached, ok? don't judge...) I will probably pick the Byzantines.

Civ: Ethiopia or Netherlands
Map: Pangea Plus or Continents Plus
Size: Standard
Difficulty: Warlord or Prince
Speed: Standard

I'm thinking of defensive cultural victory with Ethiopia or powerfull naval domination victory with Netherlands.

Top Bottom