who else loves the music?

CeasarSalad

Chieftain
I've read a lot of complaints about the music and I just want to know - who else loves it? Obviously taste in music is very subjective but I can't be the only one who is more than happy with the soundtrack.

I like the music too but the sound effects are :sad: :spank:

The music in the Modern Era is really good. :)

does music vary by culture?
I thought Civ3 has some great music.
If you noticed, once in middle age, the music shifts to something of a variation composed from a certain Civ2 melody.

I like the music very much myself.

And Warand, I looked into the media Files and found that depending of your civ's origin there's different music styles.

Categories like: asian, middle east and so forth.

There's 3-4 different theme depeding on the civ you took.

There in wav or mp3, I'm at work so i cant check the exact names but i played them in winamp.

Go take a look!:goodjob:

They are in mp3 format, and I'm listening to them right now in WinAmp. :)

I like pretty much all the must except for some of the moden ones like

SmashFull.mp3 & Techno MixFull.mp3
Is it me or doesn't it sound like Sim City's 3000 music?

StarsFull.mp3
Sounds like the music the weather channel plays while showing the extended forcast.

Originally posted by Poochface
I like that piano song they play during the industrial era. :D

do you mean Sounds\build\IndModern\IndGRFull.mp3 ?
does anyone know who it's by?

Yeah, I really like that piano one, the modern era is okay, and i don't mind the prehistoric one, but the modern guitar one gets annoying after a while.

I sure wish I could listen to the music. See, I am having a wee bit of a problem. I just got Civ3 2 days ago, and I loaded it up and everything, but it wont play my music right. It just sits in one spot and skips. So the only thing I hear is the same 2 seconds of music over and over and over and over....I installed the minimum requirements, is that the problem? Any help would be nice. And no, there isnt anything on the cd, scratches dents dings etc...
thanks

I think the music bites. I've long since turned it off. I listen to Hans Zimmer with WinAmp while I play. How are you expected to conquer the world when your listening to the theme song for the weather channel? :p None of the music is sufficiently militaristic for me. The music that you get when your at war with a European country like Germany and your in the diplomacy screen with them in the modern/industrial era is a good example of what all the music should be like.

The best musics rest in the middle age for me!!!
go listen the beginning of MidGRFull.mp3
Just awesome but the middle to the end was normal.

I LOVE the Spanish Guitar peice in the Modern era..... It goes so beautifully with the sounds of the tanks firing..... :)

Once again, I adamantly state that the music is terrible. There's absolutely no 'military' music in it at all, even though the entire game is basically based around military dominance.

I loved CIV II's Fantastic Worlds music more than this. I loved all the themes, having good Civ II original music, historical, and good fantasy ones too. This one was a big let down in terms of music.

My most favorite was the prehistoric one and the middle age one while industrial and modern I didn't like but Civ II was always better in music. They let us down with Civ III when Civ II's was a masterpiece in terms of variety too.

Wait...

There's music?

I turned it on with the option but for some reason it ONLY plays the music in the caveman era. A few turns after I make my first town it jsut goes off.

Grrr

consider yourself lucky then because the music will put you to sleep...

Top Bottom